cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Subsitution Redetermination in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus

I have a problem during redetermination of materials which have article subsitution.

Example:

I created a sales order with 2 items.

10 ABC

20 XYZ

Now I go to Transaction VB11 and maintains subsitutes for those articles

ABC -- DEF Subsituion reason1

XYZ -- JKL Subsituion reason2

After That If I go to VA02 and open the same sales Order

I want to redetermine the article subsitution for these items

I am expecting output like this.

10 ABC

11 DEF Subsituion reason1

20 ABC

21 JKL Subsituion reason2

Your help will be really appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Vikram Bajaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sales order - Environment - Analysis - Material Determination - Set it as On.. see if the screen takes you to Material Determination analysis screen and the records set are displayed.

Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your VB11 material determination records need to be set up prior to entering sales order lines. In your case you will need to reject the original lines and re-enter. You can however re-determine during delivery. See attached for details:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/MATERIALDETERMINATIONINSDVIEW

Edited by: Matthew Menzies on Aug 24, 2010 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthow,

Yes we can do redetermination of articles during delivery creation. But we can only redetermine those articles which are already determined with subsitution reason in sales order.

I am looking for a way to redetermine articles for open sales orders.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

This is not possible with standard SAP. However, if you are looking at developing a solution that reads through your open sales orders and updates the orders with a substituted material, you can analyze leveraging SAPs FUNCTION 'PRODUCT_SUBSTITUTION' in this update program. Good luck, hope this helps.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

Even If i think of a ABAP Program for doing this, What I have to do I will make a bespoke program which will run as a batch job, that report is going to do the following things.

1) Find all the open sales order.

2) Updating the article subsitutions if any exists and saving the open sales order.

3) I will keep the log of every thing done by my custom program for any future reference about the changes done.

Now My question is I can find the open sales orders, but how How can I leverage the FM PRODUCT_SUBSITUTION in my code, I mean how it is going to work and how can I update my sales Order. Updation here means I have to call BAPI for sale order change or something else.

Please throw some light on this also.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Vikram Bajaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

You may have to enlist the help of an ABAPer in the update process of the order. I am not sure if you can leverage 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE' to update the material or not. You can single test the 'product_substitution' function in se37 to identify what your inputs and outputs will be. Basically hit single test icon when in se37 for function, set app to 'V', set date as todays date, dialog = 'X', Header communication = the header data from your order which impacts your substitution(just double click and enter relevant data, Item communication = item data from your order which impacts your substitution, scheme = your material determination procedure that you have configured, now execute and review results. Once you understand the inputs and outputs of the function you can have your developer code for this.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

In IMG-

SbstReason 1 and 2 you select the Option "A" Subsitution Products are displayed as Subitems, and Assign the same in VB11

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Seegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seegal,

Thanks for the reply

I think you didn't get my question, My question is I want to create the sales order first. then I want to maintain subsitutions in VB11. and then I want these to update in my open sales order.

Or in a better way I want article subsitution for open sales order.

Thanks

Vikram