cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Operational purchase from creating central confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In SRM 7.0 we have role /sapsrm/secretary and /sapsrm/op_purchaser. both of them can create central confirmation.

i want my opertaional purchase user not to be able to create confirmation for other PO , he should be able to create confirmation for only his PO.

for central confriamtion i am using /sapsrm/secretary. Is there any way in role or anything simple that we can restric the central confirmation for opertaional purchaser.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have copied the operational purchaser role to a z role then you can remove the entire iview that gives the separate tab to put in the confirmation.

This way the operational purchaser will put in confirmations for ONLY the shopping carts he/she has created. Highlight the shopping cart (in the POWL) and the CONFIRMATIONS button becomes active. That way you bypass the necessity to search for a PO / SC (like in the separate tab for confirmations).

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your update. I think if we want to restrict the purchase orders in the GR selection screen, the only way is to enhance this BBP_WF_LIST BADI for confirmation (BUS2203).

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iftekhar,

How did you manage to do this? We have the same problem and are trying to restrict users to be able to create Confirmation for their own PO's (or where they are assigned as the Goods recipient). Please let us know. Thanks.

Ashwani

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iftekhar/Ashwani,

Could you please advise me on where you have added the restriction in /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER role. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Role Name

Portal Role

SAP SRM Server Role

Employee

com.sap.pct.srm.ro_employeeselfservice

/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE

Operational Purchaser

com.sap.pct.srm.ro_operationalpurchaser

/SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER

Supplier

com.sap.pct.srm.ro_supplier

/SAPSRM/SUPPLIER

Goods Recipient

com.sap.pct.srm.ro_goodsrecipient

/SAPSRM/RECIPIENT

Depending on the roles assigned to you in SAP SRM, different options are available for confirming goods and services, as well as for entering time data for services rendered.

If you have been assigned the Employee or Operational Purchaser role, you can enter confirmations for goods receipts and services performed. You can do so for items in your own shopping cart, or for which you are the requester or the goods recipient.

If you have been assigned the Supplier role, you can do the following:

Confirm that goods have been delivered or services have been rendered

then you need to identify the transaction and restrict confirmation for purchaser.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

In My system i have aatched role /sapsrm/employee and /sapsrm/op_purchaser to operational purchaser user. with that role he is able to create confirmation for any purchase order and not just his. i have also checked and he do not have sap_all authorization .

so it looks to me operationla purchaser role also has central recipient authroization apart form the secretary role which has central recipient.

Please can someone check and confirm the same.

cheers

iftekhar alam

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are correct . purchaser can do good receipt since he/she has menu

for eg

in PFCG,

SAP_BBP_STAL_RECIPIENT

menu

confirm goods /services - you can hide with help of basis.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alam,

I have checked, Yes your corret.

They are two options:

Option 1: You can create Z role copying from /sapsrm/op_purchaser and remove the central function (BBPCF03) authorisation.

Option 2: As muttun said you can take help from basis/security to remove the central receipient authorisation for /sapsrm/op_purchaser role.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar Singan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil / Muthu,

You in SRM 5.0 i could have removed tcode BBPCF03 from PFCG and that would have worked , but in SRM 7.0 there is no separate TCODE for central confirmation. The query for confirmation is same. the opertainal purchaser can search for all PO where employee or requestor cans earch for only his PO . how is that controlled in Role ??

There must be some different object or activity that make operational purchaser to central to do central confirmation.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1411104 - No iView error when clicking on SC link in Displaying PO - any clue.

try to do something with portal consultant

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

That is not iView or Portal related , it is purely application SRM or PFCG Role related.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Understand your requirement fully.

Business requirement - Operational purchaser system should not allow to create a confirmation but SRM standard allows.

i wil study and comeback to you. I think you need to take hep from basis only.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alam,

If you have sandbox environment, you can do one experiment, please copy standard role /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER into Z role. Please remove the WDY_APPLICATION - Notify Recipient (Path: Role menu --> Purchasing --> Central Functions ) with help of Basis/Security team. Assing this Z role to any one user and check the functionality.

I think you can restrict by this way.

@Muthu: Please correct me if iam worng.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar Singan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Suneel

you can definely control certain purchaser not to have access for confirmation.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Operational purchaser does not have central recipient role in it. Operational Purchaser has Create Confirmation access but not central confirmation. Create a custom operational purchase role and remove the create confirmation authorization from his role if you want to stop him from creating any confirmation at all.

Seems you have either SAP ALL assigned to operational purchaser, if he does not have Internal Dispatcher(Central recipient) role.

Regards

Virender Singh