cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Pass Data Back To R/3 From Form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to create an interactive form that will pass data back to R/3. However, we can't find where the Submit button on the PDF form triggers anything on the SAP side.

This form is created in SFP in an SRM system. The form appears inside web dynpro /IPRO/WD_DOCB in the View PREVIEW.

We're using Adobe LiveCycle to design the form.

Layout type is ZCI. We've tried both XML Schema based and ABAP Dictionary based interface types.

Adding the Submit button adds the following Javascript: app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

However, clicking on that button does nothing that we can tell. How do we get it to trigger some method on the SAP side to pull in the data the user entered?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can be multiple reasons behind this but see if below things are in place.

1. Java and ABAP stacks are on same SP Level.

2. Adobe Cresdentials have been installed.

3. The FP_* programs work fine without any errors.

4. You have inserted Web Dynpro script from Utilities in SFP transaction.

5. You have added onSubmit event handler on Web Dynpro side.

6. enabled property is set to true for InteractiveFormUI element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about the Java and ABAP levels, I'll have to check with Basis. We have many non-interactive forms working just fine passing data into the forms. I'll also have to check on the Adobe credentials. Could you give me some more info on that?

What are the FP_* programs?

We did insert the Javascript and left it alone as the comments command.

We had to create and enhancement to get an OnSubmit event. The SAP Web Dynpro did not have that.

The form does allow for input and we have enabled it as you described.

However, when we click on the submit button on the form itself, we never get into the OnSubmit event. We've set breakpoints.

Thanks!!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the FP_* programs?

Go to tx SE38 and use FP_* as a name pattern for the program. For example FP_TEST_00 program is used to determine if ADS is working ok.

However, when we click on the submit button on the form itself, we never get into the OnSubmit event. We've set breakpoints.

Are you sure you use the external breakpoint? If not, use it. If yes, then you have a problem and the event linkage between the WDA and the form does not work.

Regards Otto