Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question on UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some simple questions on UI

1) I have to create one seperating horizontal line in my UI. How to do so? I have created horizontalgutter UI element. It is getting displayed in NWDS. However this is not appearing in actual screen. The visible property of horizontalgutter UI element has been set as visible. Do we have any standard UI element for drawing horizontal line?

some button (submit buttons etc - UI elements)

seperating line

some table (UI elements)

2) I have created one input field. The input field should allow user to enter 200 characters or less. I have created textedit field for this. How I can ensure that user can enter 200 characters or less? Do we have any standard UI elements for this. I don't want to put condtion on

3) I have created table for data entry in R/3. There are two fields in table. In the table, fields should be scrollable. User should be shown only fiirst 30 characters initially. However user can enter 100 characters in the table field by scrolling. How to do so?

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answering 1)

At the RootUIElementContainer, you can change the Layout to 'GridLayout'. Select the element. table, button or whatever and go to 'Properties'. You will see the option PaddingBottom, select 'small','medium', or 'large'.

That should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In answer to 2) you need to create a simple type in your Web Dynpro Local Dictionary. You can then make this simple type a String and set the external representation to the maximum characters you want the user to be able to type. Play around with all the settings and see how to works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Iian, David.

It is working fine.

Hi Experts,

I urgently need ans of question 3. Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gary,

What SAP NetWeaver version are you working for?

It depends on the version, you can do more things on the UI.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is NWDS 7.0.06.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gary,

You can try this:

When you create the TableColumn specify as 'TextEdit'. After the table is create go to the TableColumn property and adjust the 'TextEdit' Properties to your preferences.

For example: wrapping: hard, cols= 10, rows=2.

I tried that and think looks like you are looking for.

Regards,

David.