SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event for document type immediate payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are having one requirement where we need to make the payments immediately .For this i have created one new document type particularly for for immediate payments.Can anybody tell me in which event we can substitute this document type while processing invoice document

susmita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all let us understand that the due date for net payment is considered from the payment terms that are being defined in the contract account , which in addition considers the payment terms of FI ( accounts receivable and payable ) and calander as defined in the payment term .

If the requirement is that the payment terms should be immediate for a particular document type and in in rest document types it should consider the one mentioned in contract account .

In that case you can user any of the event which gets fired at the time of posting of FICA document , check for events pertaining to posting of document and write a custom code for substituting the payment terms for specific document types .

It would be more clear if you specifiy that from where are you posting the document . is it FPE1 or at the time of invoicing or through sanding request ?

Hope this suffices .

Cheers ,

Dewang

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi susmita,

Document type for the posting comes from the customizing in view V_TFK042Z. There you'll find the document type which the program uses depends on country and payment method.

Actually I am not aware of any event which could be used to change the document type.

Hope this helps.

regards,

David

0 Kudos

Dear David/all

My requirement is deduction of the right document type. For this i need to find a useful event where we can add the functionality to deduct the right document type for immediate payments

susmita

0 Kudos

Susmita,

I doubt if there is any event to do that. Normally, document types are determined in the posting areas for different processes e.g. for cash desk posting area 0160 (See Note 967046, this note if you wish to assign a different document type).

Your requirement is to determine the right document type is for which process (billing, invoicing, payments etc...)?

regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

The requirement is that in the of case of immediate payment we should be able to distinguish such from ordinary payments because they are executed at a different time than the rest. In order to do so we have decided to use a special document type and make a special variant of the payment run..For this i need to find the relevant event type for this

susmita

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all let us understand that the due date for net payment is considered from the payment terms that are being defined in the contract account , which in addition considers the payment terms of FI ( accounts receivable and payable ) and calander as defined in the payment term .

If the requirement is that the payment terms should be immediate for a particular document type and in in rest document types it should consider the one mentioned in contract account .

In that case you can user any of the event which gets fired at the time of posting of FICA document , check for events pertaining to posting of document and write a custom code for substituting the payment terms for specific document types .

It would be more clear if you specifiy that from where are you posting the document . is it FPE1 or at the time of invoicing or through sanding request ?

Hope this suffices .

Cheers ,

Dewang

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi susmita,

please read the sap note: 568966 - FI-CA consulting note: Grouping in the payment run, I would recommend you event 0600.

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

close