cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReport SERVER 2008 - HELP!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I need your help, I'm trying to install crystal report server 2008 on WindowsServer2008 R2.

I want to make it clear first that is not my first CRS installation ... i've just do it on other servers whitout problem!

But NOW I have a curious and odious issue with the CMC and CMS.

After completed my installation, i can't loggin on CMC:

"Error: Server VM-INTRACRS:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null"

I've created a DB on SQL2008 and 'ive created 2 ODBC connections (DSN User, DSN System), i've configured it correctly during installation.

When I try to enter in CMC server with the Enterprise authentication (administrator) it show me an error like :

"Your system VM-INTRACRS can be reached but Doesn't exist a CMS on port 6400". (something similar)

Ps. Same problem to install BOE XI 3.1 on WinServer2008 R2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

I'm totally blocked on my work!

THANKS!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "Error: Server VM-INTRACRS:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null"

This looks like the system is not able to resolve names properly.

Check your DNS server configuration (using e. g. nslookup too in a cmd.exe) and also check your hosts file.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

DNS is ok.

Any idea?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the problem is clearly related to some entry pointing to sever

VM-INTRACRS:6400

This may be caused because the system is trying to resolve the port name with the name together or other things.

I'd open an OSS call and let the support have a look on the system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, i found the solution!

I have to use the 32-bit ODBC connections, not the 64-bit one that comes up when I go to Admin tools in Windows.

The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.

Deleting the DSN user connection and creating new ODBC (32bit) i solved my problem.

Now it works correctly!!!