cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM:Parallel Developement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I having the requirement like this. Currently we are having following system landscapes:

ECC system landscape: ED1--EQ1-EP1

APO system landscape: AD1-->AQ1->AP1

I am doing the MRP related configuration settings, (for example we consider object X) in ED1 & imported the transport into EQ1.

I am also doing the configuration settings in AD1 in the same object X (related to MRP related). if i import this transport request in AQ1, the changes which i have done EQ1 will get erased / affected which affects the business.

In such cases, if the consultant tries to modify the same object in the two different landscape (parallel development) which affects business process, the system should alert or block the second developemt till the first developement hits the production environment. How to activate this functioanlity in ChaRM?

Is it possible to achieve thro customization synchronizatiion? What is the main functionality of customization synchronizatiion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

STMS does not have to do much with this functionality. You have to see this functionality as separated from ChaRM. When you have a working ChaRM Solution; you ll be able to set up this functionality. So ChaRM (without CSOL) should already be available in order to implement this functionality. Setting up ChaRM already requires a proper STMS / SMSY configuration.

You can take a look to this blog that will help you understanding ChaRM Mechanisms toward STMS and SMSY

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Other blogs of this same SAP Consultant: Dolores Correa; might be very usefull for you !

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

I have all the necessary settings in Sol Man & in satellite system as well.

Executed the ChaRM serveices in SE38 "/TMWFLOW/CONFIG_SERVICES"

Conflict Analysis: Cross-Project, Cross-Client (Cross system object lock active)

Object Reporting Active

Modification checks active

All the systems are i GREEN color in t.code "/n/tmwflow/cmsconf"

SCC4 settings in satellite systems are perfect. (Client Roles been set as Customizing,TEST & PRD). Apart from client role settings in SCC4, should i need do some other settings in SCC4 in the respective system?

Executed the report in satellite systems "TMW_CONTROL_PROJECT_LOCK" & activated the project lock in DEV,QA & PRD.

SMSY_SETUP is running properly in Sol Man.

But still the CSOL is NOT working Properly.

I have checked the CSOL scenario as below:

In DEV (satellite system), i have changed the configuration settings & stored in transport request & released the transport request thro Sol Man. Now i could able to create the one more transport request to the same customizing object in DEV (satelite system). I was expecting the error / warning message saying that, "Object already locked" (since the first tranport request is not reached production).

Is my understanding correct?

Please guide

Kumar

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Functionality you re searching for is called Cross System Object Lock (CSOL) that achieves exactely what you said: blocnking modified objects (for change in other dev) until they hit production system

please refer to this link for more info: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

you ll also find usefull info/links by typing 'cross system object lock' or 'csol' on sdn

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

Thank you for the link. Can you explain in more detail on how the STMS & system landscape to be set-up to achieve this functionality?

Regards

Kumar