cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting first visible row in Web Dynpro ALV in Releases above 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have an ALV in which a particular row should be set to lead selection and also set as the first visible row in this ALV for the first display. The index for this row is determined at runtime.

I used the method SET_FIRST_VISIBLE_ROW of the interface IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS and it worked fine in a system of Release 7.0.

However, after the system has been upgraded to 7.02, this is not working. The row is lead selected but it is not set as the first visible row and as a result I need to scroll down and look for the row that is lead selected.

Does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks!

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srilatha,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I am calling method SET_FIRST_VISIBLE_ROW in the wddoinit method of the view.

I tried checking in the debugging mode by inserting a call to GET_FIRST_VISIBLE_ROW in both the wddoinit method as well as wddomodifyview method.

The value of the first visible row is correct in both these methods but when the screen is rendered, the first row of the ALV continues to be the first visible row.

CALL METHOD wd_this->lref_nd_node_rename->set_lead_selection_index

EXPORTING

index = lv_leadselection.

wd_this->lref_table_settings ?= wd_this->lref_value.

CALL METHOD wd_this->lref_table_settings->set_first_visible_row

EXPORTING

value = lv_leadselection.

" Set vertical scrollbar height to 15 rows

CALL METHOD wd_this->lref_table_settings->set_visible_row_count

EXPORTING

value = '15'.

Here lv_leadselection contains the index of the row that needs to be lead selected (in this case it is 3)

lref_value is of type CL_SALV_WD_CONFIG_TABLE

lref_table_settings is of type IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS

lref_value and lref_table_setings are view attributes.

Thanks and best regards,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vidya,

I tried doing the same as you. Its working properly for me.

I was able to find one OSS Note 1499119 related to this kind of issue. Please check and try to implement the note.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Srilatha! Have implemented the note and the issue is solved now.

Cheers,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I was not aware that release 7.02 is only available as part of ramp-up. The system that I was using was recently upgraded to 7.02. My question therefore was directed to those who had had the opportunity to work on it.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for me to have posted this query on. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum where I could post this query.

Thanks,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vidya,

we have a system on 7.02. i tried to set the first visible row using the method if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_first_visible_row. it works for me properly. Try to check once again in debug mode.

Or let me know how you are doing that i mean in which method you are trying to set it etc. may be with code snippet

Regards,

Srilatha

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggestion:

let the rest of us know how we can get hold of a 7.02 system to play with...

As far as the non-SAP-internal world is concerned - 7.02 is only available as part of ramp-up. I don't think you can expect much help here.

I'm sure SAP must have some internal KM process that you can use - publicly flaunting the lack of SAP's own internal development knowledge on a public forum is (in my opinion) neither helpful for the image of SAP, nor does it contribute to the community in any real manner (as I don't really want my search results to return issues that have been resolved in the product prior to general release.)

Sorry for being so grumpy - my morning coffee was awful this morning...

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I'm sure SAP must have some internal KM process that you can use - publicly flaunting the lack of SAP's own internal development knowledge on a public forum is (in my opinion) neither helpful for the image of SAP

I'm not sure I agree with your sentiments. Yes we do in fact have an SAP employees only version of forums here on SDN. In fact there is a Web Dynpro ABAP Employee's only forum. If were discussing some far off release level or some secret WDA functionality it should certainly be done there and I sometimes move such threads there.

But for something like 7.02 that is in ramp-up already and will be in much wider ramp up with BS7i2010 soon, I personally think it makes the most sense to ask this question in the open forum. I don't think this says anything about lack of development knowledge. There seems to be some problem the person encountered and they are asking if others have hit the same.

Even so, it isn't like you start working for SAP and they jack you into the Matrix and you get a download of all available ABAP Knowledge - don't we all wish that were possible. There are of course differing degress of experience within SAP. Not everyone works on the Web Dynpro ABAP foundation team. Most WDA related developers are consuming WDA as part of their applicaiton development like everyone else in the forum. We might very well have ABAP developers that are just now learning to code Web Dynpro ABAP. Should they not ask their questions here as well? Surely the community benefits from their questions and the answers they gather as much as anyone else's questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas, excuse me for asking question not related to this discussion. What is expected release date of 7.02? I've heard a lot about delicious possibilities and eager to use it!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

At this point it is really dependent upon the start of Ramp-Up of the Applications which run on top of 7.02. Technically 7.02 is in ramp-up since April 19th as part of SAP Project and Portfolio Management 5.0. Business Suite 7 Innovations 2010 is probably how most customers will use 7.02, however. Its Ramp-Up is currently scheduled to start in Q4 of this year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! It seems that we'll see EhP2 only next year... You might be a wrong person to ask, but I can't understand how it correlates with SAP BW 7.3 release. Is it on top of 7.02 Netweaver release or independent product?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

BW 7.30 runs on NetWeaver 7.30 - which is a completely separate code line of NetWeaver 7.02 (although many ABAP lanaguage and Web Dynpro ABAP features are the same at these two release levels).

7.02 is the way to bring NetWeaver (and more specifically ABAP engine features) features back to the Business Suite - which continues to run on NetWeaver 7.0x codline.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have some differing/varied thoughts on this usage of the forums by SAP employees.

I've raised this in another post in a forum which I think is more relevant for this sort of discussion:

but to summarise - it does seem useful for the community that SAP employees participate in the forums, by asking questions (whatever their level of experience). However, I think that questions about components that are as yet to available for general release do not add value. They may well relate to issues in the code that will be fixed before general release. Clogging up search results with these threads does not (to me) seem to add value to the community. It would, in my opinion (please I have no issue with people having differing opinions on this - which is why I created the above thread to gather other views), be better if discussions on as yet generally released code were confined to a SAP only forum and when the code is released, perhaps that forum could be released to the community for them to be able to search.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for yours!

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Business Suite 7 Innovations 2010 is probably how most customers will use 7.02, however. Its Ramp-Up is currently scheduled to start in Q4 of this year.

currently (and this has changed previously so do not rely on it) [the note on the SAP Enhancement Packages for SAP ERP page in SMP (login required) |http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp] says - "planned for second half of December 2010", which is about as late in Q4 as you can go without it being Q1 the next year