cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code and Profit center is not mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that i wish to make the company code and profit center is not mandatory., ie greyed out. This i want while creating the project. I have assigned the controlling area in the project profile. but when i save the project i am getting the error as " Enter the company code". I made changes in field selction for project definition screen group - both company code and profit center are in display mode. This i did it with regard to Project profile. In project builder screen it is greyed out. but asking for company code.

Is it possible to make it for both? When i tried with Profit center alone, i am not getting any error. Whether company code is mandatory while creating project or anyway can we avoid company code?

Please throw your views

Thanks

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Company code is mandatory at the time creating the project, you cannot avoid entering the comp code.

Since you have made the field comp code to display from the IMG, in the transaction it is showing as display only. But from the program this field is mandatory, so the error message is occurring.

And in case of profit center it is not mandatory from the program, so even if you make it display only or Input field, it does not ask you to enter the Profit center.

You can enter the comp code in the project profile (OPSA) itself, so that you can avoid entering the comp code every time you create a project.

Praveen

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enter the comp code in the project profile (OPSA) itself, so that you can avoid entering the comp code every time you create a project.

Can also use templates instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have more than 100 company codes. If i have only one company code, then i can give in OPSA. in my case i can't give in OPSA. I need to create projects with different company codes. is there is any other way to avoid the company code while creating the project?

Regards

Sankar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Company code is mandatory field. Even if you make that field as display only, system will ask you to enter.

IF you have 100 different company code, then try using substitution or some enchancement which will insert the company code automatically based on predefined logic during save of the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

You can use Substitution method, try building a logic for entering a comp code in the project.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanker,

Just to add more value to what alreadywas said by Ahmed and Parveen, Company code is a mandatory field from business perspective as all the financial postings must happen first to Company code then it goes to Controlling. You cannot post directly to controlling, that is why C code is most important. As others suggested, you can use substitution or some kind of enhamcement or even create specific Project profiles to specific company codes. In the latter case you would then need to create many project profiles keeping in view that you have more than 100 c codes. So it would be your or business choice how to set it.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker Nagarajan,

If company code & Profit Center are not mandatory at Project Definition, You can try with hide option for the fields.

Now you can't see the fields at Project Definition.

Best Regards,

Vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemula,

I tried with the field selction hide and display option. in both case it is asking for company code. Profit center is fine.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I tried in my system Hiding the Company Code & Profit Center at Project Definition level, it is working fine.

Not asking anything about Company Code and Profit Center.

You can try it once and let me know.

Vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let me know how you did? would be helpful.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try in the following way:

SPRO->Project System->Structures->Operative Structures->WorkBreakdown Structures->UserInterface Settings->

Define Field Selection for WBS:

Step1: Double CLick on "Field Selection: Project Definition"

Step2:Click on "Influencing" button on the Application Tool bar.

Step3:Double click on "Project Profile" line Item

Step4:Against to Contents field- choose the relevent Project Profile (F4 search option) and then enter.

Step5:Now here try to choose Company Code Fieled and make it as "Hide"

Profit Ceneter Field and make it as "Hide".

Step6: Save the changes.

Step7:Check with your Project.

And Pl. let me know the result.

Vemula

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vemula & Shankar, Both of you should read SAP Help first.

There is a topic called "Organizational Assignments in the Project System " under Project system Help file. Read that first. Then you will understand wether Company code can be avoided or not. It has been marked as required field.

Vemula,

First check your IMG setting. Check your project profile, there you had defaulted the company code and then you had hide the filed in field settings. So, if you create project assigning the project profile, Company code is defaulted from your profile and since it is hidden you wont see it and there wont be any error message displayed because ccode is already present. Check in your table for that project, Company code will be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the same thing. But it is ok for profit center and not company code.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You are right. I wonder how vemula did. That's why i asked him for the settings. I configured the same way and am sure company code is mandatory.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read my earlier post fully, you will know what he has done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,