SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Consumption on Service Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been scratching my head over the integration between MM and ISH specifically on how to post material consumption upon service entry.

After reading the documentation on [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ish471/helpdata/EN/71/f54d369ec6fd64e10000009b38f889/content.htm] I still am not able to get it to work for the simple case where 1 material is linked to 1 service.

I have linked the service to material master, created a catalog and assigned it to the OU, set up the appropriate movement type config in MM, and harmonized the UOM. However, on performing the service entry I still do not see any deduction from the stock?

Is there anyone here who has tried this before and can point me the missing steps... would appreciate any help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same customer need at previous projects.

If you need the material consumption at service entry, i suggest you to check the badi on service entry and do a bapi goods movement there, or maybe on a service rule.

If you don't mind to do it on two steps ( I suggest this because of stock checks etc), check the service rule R24 and maybe also the NMM* transactions, there is no standard SAP functionality delivered, to do excaclty what you need.

Regards

Edited by: Christos Spyropoulos on Aug 25, 2010 2:29 AM

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no functionality to post material consumption based on service entry. It is the other way round - we provide the functionality to create (billable) services based on previous case related material consumption. There exists a transaction to post case related material consumption and based on this material consumption we are able to create assigned services for billing purposes. The service entry triggers no logistic process.

Best, Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same customer need at previous projects.

If you need the material consumption at service entry, i suggest you to check the badi on service entry and do a bapi goods movement there, or maybe on a service rule.

If you don't mind to do it on two steps ( I suggest this because of stock checks etc), check the service rule R24 and maybe also the NMM* transactions, there is no standard SAP functionality delivered, to do excaclty what you need.

Regards

Edited by: Christos Spyropoulos on Aug 25, 2010 2:29 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know, the standard solution starts from NMM7 and when the consumtion is crated you could run the Service Rule R24 that creates the service from each consumption...

Anyway, in Latin America we devolped a new NMM7 and we modified the picking list to create services from the deliverd materials.

With best regards

Matías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You comment in your first reply that :

There exists a transaction to post case related material consumption and based on this material consumption we are able to create assigned services for billing purposes.

We had used the NMM7 transaction for that case.

But after our Upgrade Support Package it doesn't work any more .

We are now in Stack17 (ISH with MX localization).

Do you know any note or additional configuration task that we could check??

Thanks in advance...

Best Regards..

Tania

0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

sorry, I can only recommend to open an OSS ticket because the colleagues have to analyze perhaps on the system.

Thanks, Robert

0 Kudos

Hi Tania

The Mexican localization is not yet provided by SAP AG but by SAP Mexico. Please contact the subsidiary, try Hugo Rodriguez.

With best regards

Matías

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard solution starts from NMM7 and when the consumtion is crated you could run the Service Rule R24 that creates the service from each consumption.

However, in Latin America we developed a new NMM7 and we modified the picking list to create services from the delivered materials.

Hope it helpful!

<a href="http://www.softwareoutsourcing.biz/services/mobile-development/iphone-ipad.html">Mobile App Development</a>

Edited by: helen07 on Oct 21, 2010 9:27 AM