cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services without ESR and EHP - is it possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am investigating if it is possible to setup Enterprise services without having ESR in our landscape. We also do not have EHP installed in our ERP system. We have SAP ECC 6.0 and PI 7.0.

I would like to install separate ES that I would like to use for our current project. I can't wait for installing ESR on PI and EHPs on ERP.

Is it possible? If it is how I can do it?

br

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need ESR for using ES in ECC (PI integration repository is just enough for modeling new services as well).

Regarding Ehp on ECC refer to this link: http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/esoa/docu_esoa_erp.htm to findout which ES available with which version of ECC (refer to pdf in link).

With new Ehps you will get new services so if you just want to use services of current version then I should not be a problem at all.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

Contrary to what the previous post said (SudipPaul)...

It is possible to setup Enterprise Services without having an ESR in your landscape. You'll just need to ensure that the ECC version that you're on supports the Enterprise Service in question. You would typically search for possible Enterprise Services that you could use in the ES Workplace:

[http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?sap-unique=130459&sap-params=aWQ9RjZDRkMwRUEzRUYxNEJDOTg0MUM1MjgyNzJFRTg1ODMmcGFja2FnZWlkPURFMDQyNkREOUIwMjQ5RjE5NTE1MDAxQTY0RDNGNDYyJm1vZGU9]

From the ES Workplace you can also test drive the Enterprise Service that you're thinking of using to see if it meets your requirements. You do this by applying for access to the relevant backend system/s on the same landing page as above.

If you have identified an Enterprise Service that you want to use (you'll normally notice the ECC version or Industry Solution version that the enterprise service is available from) then you'll need to check whether you're on the right ECC version or higher. Use this forum thread as an example to identify that:

[;

So it is possible depending on whether the Enterprise Service is available with the ECC version you have & without PI or ESR or anything else. The ESR is a nice to have & just makes life a lot easier. A services registry is also a nice to have but not compulsory.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

> So it is possible depending on whether the Enterprise Service is available with the ECC version you have & without PI or ESR or anything else. The ESR is a nice to have & just makes life a lot easier. A services registry is also a nice to have but not compulsory.

OK Now I know that I do not need ESR for this. But Do I need EHPs on ERP system? I mean can I use ES without installing EHP? Thanks for the answer looks like I am closer to the answer:-)

best regards

Dawid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

It depends on which Enterprise Service you're looking at using.

Let take the "Entries for Customer Quote" Enterprise Service found in the ES Workplace here:

[http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&id=CAE66A50B03E11DA2B24000F20DAC9EF]

Make a note of the Software Component Version for the Enterprise Service (in this case ESM ERP 604). If drill down on the "Find Allowed User Status by Processing Type Code" Service operation you see when (which ECC / Software Component Version) it was first released with. In this case it's "ESA ECC-SE 600". So you should have this Enterprise Service in your ECC 6.0 without EhP.

You could also double check this using transaction code SPROXY to see what Software Component Version/s you have available (similar to the ones I have mentioned above) there. Then drill down on the software component versions to see what Enterprise Services / Service Interfaces were delivered out-of-the-box with your ECC version.

If you need an Enterprise Service that's delivered with a higher ECC or add-on version than you have currently then you can possibly exlore the forum thread that I referred to earlier to upgrade the add-on (e.g. ESA ECC-SE 600 to ESA ECC-SE 604 for example) manually before an EhP upgrade.

Regards, Trevor

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't wait for installing ESR on PI and EHPs on ERP.

Is it possible?

Not possible. You need to have the EhPs on your ERP system which would be responsible for availaing the services at ECC.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't quite get what how would you have the ES without having the ESR. To have the enterprise services(ES) you need to have an Service Respository( ESR: enterprise service repository in this context) and an service discovery mechanism/registry(Service registry in this case) . An ESR combines these two. Though a seperate product ,generally ESR comes packged with PI or CE. But just for the purpose of trying out I think you can just install the ESR and do the minimum SLD connection. For more info look-up [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0301486-758c-2a10-9d84-a195556df422?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] However in that case you would be able to use the Enterprise Services only for a point-to-point connection within SAP systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SaudipPaul,

OK I have gone through this thread:

and I understood that it is possible to install ES without having full infrastructure. The issue in my current landscape is that we do not have ESR in place, we do not have ERP EHP installed, but we have a project where we woudl like to use web services availalbe in EHPs. Is it possible to install/setup those standard ES (or web services) in our ERP system.

I would like to do it this way to prepare current interface that we are rebuilding to use standard web services instead of doing my own development.

best regards and thanks for help.

Dawid