Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for cost center in migo transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to restrict the user by the cost center assigned to him in the migo transaction,

i tried with these objects A_S_KOSTL, K_CSKS and K_CCA. As per forum threads I also maintained the check in su24 , but still authorization is not happening.

please let me know how to do it, is there any user exits to achieve .

waiting for ur help.

Thanks & regards,

Reena...

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trace the id for authorization objects and check which cost center objects its hitting and secure that object in the associated role

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

> As per forum threads I also maintained the check in su24 , but still authorization is not happening.

Can you please show me these posts you found? I would like to delete them...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reena,

You can do teh followign , apart from others :

1. Ask the business owner the values for teh objects...ofcourse explain to them what the objects are in plain lainguage.

2. Then populate the values "accordingly"

OR

1.As an earlier post...trace teh user --on ST01 - here again - you can give eiither wide access and trace teh path and then restrict ..or restriced acces and then each time a road block is hit ..analysi s and assign.

BUT DONOT maintian SU24 to restrict acces !!

0 Kudos

Hi GG,

> BUT DONOT maintian SU24 to restrict acces !!

In special cases you can turn some checks on if prior they where turned off and are infact checked in the code for that context.

But just adding the object to Su24 will not help. This is a famous "urban legend" and unfortunately some tools take it as reliable data.

It is not reliable and incompatible with a good role design (where you need to make some tricky choices about where to maintain SU24 proposals).

Cheers,

Julius