cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP/WS sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to have asynchronous communication from my sender to PI. Now I initially planned to use SOAP sender adapter, but in this case the WSDL that we generate does not contain reliable messaging specifications.

1. I need to have reliable messaging between sender to PI, can I achive this through SOAP or I need to go for WS adapter.

2. Also if achievebale through SOAP let me know how I can have this parameter in WSDL???

3. Would appriciate for any blog links for WS with reliable messaging, I cannot see reliable messaging under my WS sender adapter

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

PS: I am working on SAP PI 7.11

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I have Reliable Messaging through SOAP Sender Adapter???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can.

Thanks,

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hareenkumar,

WS-RM standard is supported over the WS adapter, not SOAP adapter.

It even says so in the document you linked yourself.

Implementation in SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1
The SOAP adapter as of today supports already asynchronous messaging, however with proprietary means
since there was no standard available before, now the WS-RM protocol is supported via an own entry in the
integration engine (implemented in ABAP) and not the adapter engine.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry. It cannot be done as said by next post.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Reliable Messaging is not supported by SOAP sender adapters, Can you please refer me some blogs for WS-RM sender and WS-RM receiver config blogs. Also I need to understand how to have WSDL's for them.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of WS sender and receiver adapter, the reliable messaging parameters are missing. I am working on SAP PI 7.11.

Is there any settings to be done through NWA or any services to be activated.

Under SICF the SOAP_APPL_Management and WS related services have been activated. I have also executed the WS_Setup report program.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar issue where the message triggered by SOAP UI with WS-RM ticked as 'True' used to work and the one sent from SAP PI used to fail.

I had used the SOAP channel for Synchronous connectivity.

How this was achieved with SOAP Adapter is, I had used a XSLT mapping ahead of Message Mapping and ticking 'Do Not Use SOAP envelope' in SOAP channel.

The XSLT mapping was to for the additional tags like <wsrm:Sequence> , <wsrm:Identifier> , <wsa:MessageID>, <wsa:Action> which were getting additionallly created.

The SOAP structure was created and the SOAP body was taken from SAP PI message (with <xsl:copy-of select="/*" /> ).

This worked

Regards,

Rohan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is one of the guides for WS adapter reliable messaging. You may search SDN and will surely find many such articles.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304335f7-f33c-2a10-ae80-9c9ffdc86...

Regards,

Prateek