cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect TimeSent in message header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When sending messages through our XI server, everything works fine, but there is one thing that is bugging me, and that might lead to problems with some upcoming interface modifications.

In the message header there is a field called TimeSent. This field is automatically filled by XI with the time the message was sent, in the following format: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ

This is all nice and cosy, but in our system (DEV, QA and PRD) this time is off by two hours. The time in the field is always two hours earlier than the REAL time it was sent.

Does anyone have an idea about how to correct this? It would be greatly appreciated, since we have to do a modification on an interface that uses this field...

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

Edit: We checked this against another XI system (A completely different system, with a completely different company) and it seems they have the same problem...

Could someone check this in their system? Just open a message in SXMB_MONI, and look at the header data. Then check if the TimeSent is out of sync with the time displayed in the list of SXMB_MONI...

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

Message was edited by: Yordy Minderhoud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this is probably taken from the system time

on your operaiton system

can you check the time setting on your server (current time, zone etc.)?

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm sorry to say that we not yet found a fix to this problem...

We are using some workarounds in several scenario's, mostly using a java module in the XSLT mapping to get the current date and time, but for now, the problem persists on the XI system itself.

Regards,

Yordy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also experiencing the exact same problem...has anyone found a fix for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think some of the following might be few reasons.

If you multiple Java clusters running for you and each with different time zones then this might occur. Ask you XI admin to look at clusters time zones in Visual Admin ...More on clusters below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/53/97583c2439e66fe10000000a114084/content.htm

The other one , As the J2EE Engine makes use of the time zone features of the JDK this will cause problems if the JDK does not contain the DST fix.

Refer SAP note : 983147 , 896209

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but we actually fixed it by appliying SAP note 919538.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a Tcode for setting times zones. Go to STZAC transaction in ABAP stack and try to set your corresponding time zones in each system.See if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SXMB_MONI the time XI specifies is the time of the local machine from which the request is sent.

where as inside the TimeSent tag in Header the time XI uses its Server time.

So say for example,if i test an interface from my system which has CET time zone and where as the server is in california with PST time zone,the SXMB_MONI entry will have CET time and Header would have PST time.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and Vasanth,

Thank you for your replies.

We have checked the OS times on the server, but they are set correctly. Also, we have a local adapter, and this gives us the same problem. So it's not just on the central server intance, but also the local adapter. So if we test on the local adapter, it should be the exact same time...

All systems (OS, R/3, XI) have the same timezone set. All are set to GMT+1, Amsterdam.

Might this have something to do with the different systems of time used by Java and SAP? (SAP uses GMT, and Java uses UTC?)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yordy,

the mapping gets executed in the JAVA Stack and so, if you are getting the Execution time during the mapping in the java stack, then the time reflected will be the time in the Java Stack.

So, one option would be to modify this time in the mapping accordingly with respect to your ABAP stack time zone.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for your reply.

Can I see this JAVA stack time somewhere? I have looked for this, but nowhere is there a mention of the timezone in the JAVA stack. I assumed it just adapted the OS time, but it might help if we can confirm this...

Regards and thanks,

Yordy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can the java timezone from

http://server:port/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

and then click on <b>system properties... </b>

parameter:

user.timezone should be the one

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for that link. I hadn't come across this yet. Very usefull.

But, unfortunately, the Timezone for the users on all nodes and systems is set to Europe / Berlin, which is equivalent to GMT+1.

I will keep looking!

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yordy,

Currently we are experiencing the same problem you found. Did you fix it?

We have come across all the steps with no success, everything seems to be set in the correct timezone.

Hope you can help us.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yordy,

Have you been able to reslove this?

I'm currently facing the same problem

Regards,

Sidharth