cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when executing Webservice in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to execute Web service in Web service navigator and i am getting the following error

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

content-length: 600

accept: text/xml

sap-srt_id: 20100823/155814/v1.00_final_6.40/4C72FD39F2E90095E10080000A754720

server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 701

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap-env:Header></soap-env:Header><soap-env:Body><soap-env:Fault><faultcode>soap-env:Client</faultcode><faultstring xml:lang="en">InvalidVariableValues</faultstring><detail><n0:GetQueryViewData.Exception xmlns:n0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style"><Name>InvalidVariableValues</Name><Text>Incorrect call of OLAP layer CL_RSR_OLAP; error in BW-BEX-ET ()</Text><Message><ID>BRAIN</ID><Number>369</Number></Message></n0:GetQueryViewData.Exception></detail></soap-env:Fault></soap-env:Body></soap-env:Envelope>

I tried to test my webservice in SICF and i get the following soap message

<soap-env:Envelope>

<soap-env:Header/>

<soap-env:Body>

<soap-env:Fault>

<faultcode>soap-env:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring xml:lang="en">

SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received

</faultstring>

<detail>

<ns:SystemFault>

<Host>undefined</Host>

<Component>COREMSG</Component>

<ChainedException>

<Exception_Name>CX_SOAP_CORE</Exception_Name>

<Exception_Text>

SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received

</Exception_Text>

</ChainedException>

</ns:SystemFault>

</detail>

</soap-env:Fault>

</soap-env:Body>

</soap-env:Envelope>

Can any one help me with this issue

Thanks

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I guess the content type of the input message is wrong. Check the request message of the webservice, change it to text/xml. And this should work.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>"<Name>InvalidVariableValues</Name>

It seems input parameter is incorrect.

Error in SICF testing is OK as you didn't pass anything to service so it gives you error regarding "empty http body"

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. It looks like its throwing Invalid Variable Values error. However my query does not have any variables. I tried it with and without variables but i still get the same error..

Without variables i just entered Infoprovider and Query name. I get the same error. However when i execute function module

RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA with the same input parameters which is infoprovider and query i get my result. Below is the error message

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

set-cookie: sap-usercontext=sap-client=210; path=/

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

content-length: 600

accept: text/xml

sap-srt_id: 20100827/091011/v1.00_final_6.40/4C77DAAC123A0095E10080000A754720

server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 701

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<soap-env:Header></soap-env:Header>

<soap-env:Body>

<soap-env:Fault>

<faultcode>soap-env:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring xml:lang="en">InvalidVariableValues</faultstring>

<detail>

<n0:GetQueryViewData.Exception xmlns:n0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style">

<Name>InvalidVariableValues</Name>

<Text>Incorrect call of OLAP layer CL_RSR_OLAP; error in BW-BEX-ET ()</Text>

<Message>

<ID>BRAIN</ID>

<Number>369</Number>

</Message>

</n0:GetQueryViewData.Exception>

</detail>

</soap-env:Fault>

</soap-env:Body>

</soap-env:Envelope>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

This is more of a BW / Bex issue, you might get a better response if you post the question there isnetad of the SOA forum. I can however recommend the following SAP note to start your troubleshooting: 1022589

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

This isn't a SOA issue, you should probably post the question in the BW developer related forum/s. It sounds like it's more related to a development error where there are not enough parameters passed to instantiate an object.

Also, if you get the error using WS Navigator then it's more than likely a development issue. Don't use SICF to test the service, it wasn't really designed for an actual web service test. Try a free tool like SoapUI (or a not so free one like XMLSpy) to test it. If the same error persists then you can be sure it's a development error.

Also, instead of trying to test the service in SICF, why not do a test from TCode SPROXY with dummy input data to check if the code is working ok first, then at least you have a starting point. You can then also maybe put in some break points & then test using SoapUI or WS Navigator to check if the parameters being passed are sufficient.

Regards, Trevor