cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read external parameters from an OCA application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need read a configurable parameter, hopefully from RMM or an agent.

The idea is know the value of this parameter thru code in the application, while this one be configurable from mobile server.

While a Data Object can supply this requirement, implies build an interface to modify the parameter in the Server. However if is possible use a RMM attribute or an agent paramenter, another development is no necessary.

Well, if anybody have an idea, I really would appreciate any information. I'm developing a handheld application in Mobile 7.1 with OCA.

Best regards,

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You can create a CONFIG agent with the desired key and value and assign the config agent to the device.

The agent will be downloaded and saved in configuration table the next time the client syncs.

You can then use Congifuration API to get the key value.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to find classes to get values from CONFIG agent, but I got nothing.

I searched in the Javadocs of mobile (for handhelds) without luck. You can tell me what class or classes allow read the CONFIG agent please?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You can use com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.conf.api.Configuration class method getProperty(String) to get the value of CONFIG agent that was set in the agent.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I found information about the Configuration class, but is part of API of Mobile for Laptops. Anyway I tried to use (I added the library into my project, like a dependence DC) but when I want obtain the instance thru getInstance method, this require a Session object and that is not part of Mobile for Handheld API...

Is the right way add the library to the project and use that class to obtain agent CONFIG properties? Or exist another class or manner to do this?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I have the same problem.

Best Regards.