cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cascading LOVs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created Year > Quarter> Month as cascading Lovs, dragged month in the filter section of my report and gave a vale for quater and year.

But for some reason it does not nest them. For ex if I refresh the report it gives me list of years to choose, but quarter and month remains the same as i selected in my first refresh...while generating report and filters.

Kindly Suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you detail the workflow you did in the universe and the report?

I am not sure to have clearly understood what you want to achieve and what is the expected result.

didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created cascading LOVs from Tools option in Universe designer in the following hierarchy

Year> Quarter >month.

I am also not sure if this is the right appoach to create LOVs and how is this approach different from creating LOVs in Business View Manager following all those 5-6 steps of data connection, foundation...etc.

Ok, after creating LOVs in designer I created a report in CR and dragged Year, quater , month in the filter area of the query panel.

When i hit ok in query panel i get a propmt for year, for ex i gave year 2001, then prompt for quarter , lets say 2nd, then month, say may.

Now when i refresh the report , even if i click select new parameters, the report takes only those , that i gave while hitting ok for query panel, while designing report.

So basically these params got saved and do not change even if i attempt to.

Hope I am able to explain....but really want to know the best approach for creating LOVs, is it thru designer or business view manager and what is the difference.

Thanks