cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini WAS 6.20 = ABAP engine installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation both from the CDs and hard disk terminates with the following error message:

Installation of SAP DB Server 7.3.0.28

: history path "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/BSPinst//sapdb/data/config

stall" not found

pareReleases(): file "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/BSPinst//sapdb/progr

/bin/x_server.exe" not found

tallation exited abnormally at Tu, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:45:45

teHistory(): cannot create/open historyfile "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Te

BSPinst//sapdb/data/config/install/SAPDB_history"

OR 2006-07-11 09:45:45 SAPDBINSTALL_IND_ADA ExecuteCheck:0

Exit code from d:\sapdb\NT\I386\sdbinst.exe: 1.

OR 2006-07-11 09:45:45 SAPDBINSTALL_IND_ADA InternalInstallationDo:0

Phase failed.

OR 2006-07-11 09:45:45 Main

Installation aborted.

<b>Please advise</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the <a href="http://www.sap-press.com">http://www.sap-press.com</a> site for the 'ABAP Objects Reference' or 'Web Application Server' books there is a FAQ document for install issues.

You may need to edit the registry.

Just checked to see the document, and could only find the 6.10 FAQ.

Please state at what percent the install failed. there are expected problems at 27%, 58%, and 86%.

MattG.

Message was edited by: Matthew Gifford

Message was edited by: Matthew Gifford

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I'm facing a similar installation issue. In my case, it stops at 27%. This happened when i tried to install the second time. The first time i tried I had not maintained the loopback adapter and the corresponding entries in the hosts file. I have done that now. Can you tell me the registry entries that i need to modify or delete. I do not want to reinstall windows, so i dont want to take a chance with the registry. Can you help??

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

i assume that you are trying to install minisap 6.2. I would like to suggest you to delete first all the SAP folder from windows directory,which generates during installation and after that search in registry SAP folder will be there. you have to delete it too. After that check all the prerequistes before installation and turn off your fire wall if you are using Windows XP and if norton antivirus are there then first remove it.

Then try to install it from scratch.

Hope it helps

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u install ur cds into desktop. If u did then i suggest u to install it in any folder nd then try to run the setup. Just a suggestion.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried installation both from the Cds, desktop

folder and a folder created on the hard disk. But no

success. What is funny is that I was bale to install

the software on some other laptop. Could tghe problem be with my Wndows XP. What is this X-server.exe??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot have another version of SAPDB (MaxDB) installed, X-server is only installed for MaxDB versions of miniSAP. So you must uninstall previous versions.

What percentage of the process did you get to?

MattG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied 3 installation Cds to MiniSap folder I created in C:, deleted all SAP related entries in the registry (no x-server entry). When running setup.bat from MiniSap folder, at 28% installation, location of Kernel Cd defaults to Z: even when I have specified this folder path or the cd drive E:, and installation terminates with same error log as when installing from the Cds. My hard disk c: is also partitioned to drive 😧 and my cd drive is E:.

<b>Any further thoughts. This is frustrating</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsooloane,

Have you configured the loopback adapter & gave it a static ip address? If your Server is on network then only giving an static ip will work fine. Put your PC name(hostname) and that ip address in your windows's host file(WINNT/Windows->System32->drivers->etc->hosts)below of localhost and default ip 127.0.0.1.

unistall all previous versions,delete registry entries of SAPDB and SAP and SAPDB & sap related folders in your local drive.

Then try to reistall. If still it does't work then may you will have to reinstall windows and do all things again.

There is a installation file which contains all prerequisites for smooth installation.Follow it.

Let me know if problem gets solved.

Regards,

Sabita