Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

STRUST, SSL Cert is not found

Hello experts. I have been doing basis for a number of years.. but STRUST seems to be beating me. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

In our WebAS NW ABAP system we have some web pages we want to access through HTTPS .. ICM seems to be configureed correctly.. HTTP and HTTPS are both running on the ports configured in RZ10. The web pages work correctly, except that they don't pick up the SSL Server Certificate installed through STRUST.. IE and Firefox both only show the base certificate produced by the server itself.. and therefore is not trusted.

I have read (and followed) the help files and the Wiki here in SDN (https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-27593?treeid=DOC-8319 and https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-12391) as well as note 510007 (and a bunch of others). Several other basis folks have looked over my shoulder. We generated a Paid for SSL Certificate at the SAP Trust Center.. and that did not work for us.. the advice from there was to do the work over .. which has been done several times.. I truely think I am following the process but it is still not working.

I am now trying to use the Test SSL Certficates to confirm my work before I again order SSL Certs from SAP TCS.

1st.. Am I correct that a Web Page, hosted by our WebAS ABAP system only needs a Server SSL and not a Client SSL certificate in order for HTTPS web pages to be processed correctly?

assuming i am

2nd.. does anyone have a really detailed procedure I should follow for setting up these SSL Certificates properly? I know the help and the Notes are supposed to be doing that for me.. but I seem to be making some basic error due to ignorance or just missing a key point.

I have set up SSL several times in Web Dispatcher without a problem. This is my 1st time doing so in STRUST.. i expected it to be easier.. but somehow, for me, this time it isn't.

Thank you in advance

Steve Pustell

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question