cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on Switch Procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

this thread is in reference to a previous thread which got answered, but along with with a new set of queries for the experts to help me .

I have a z program that uses the table SXMXPVERS. I noticed this program working fine in development environment. However in the quality environment, it failed. The SDN forum gave me a funda on Switch Procedure.

I noticed that there was another table calied SXMSPVERS2, which as per switch procedure, was kind of swapping data . Meaning , data was swapped in between these two tables from time time.

Now my plan is, assuming that data only swaps in between these 2 tables , namely SXMSPVERS and SXMSPVERS2, I would add a couple of lines od abap code in my z program, checking wether the SXMSPVERS if empty, then should move on to SXMSPVERS2,.

My current query is , is my understanding and thinking OK. And is this Switch procedure limitted to SXMSPVERS and SXMSPVERS2, or there may be other tables where the data may get swapped?

In se11 I can see SXMSPVERS has only two types as discussed earlier.

Suggestions please.

Arnab.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Call the transaction SXMB_ADM -> configuration -> Configure Delete Procedure

Select switch procedure activated and save your changes

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The Switch equivalents for the 7 tables below have the suffix 2

SXMSPMAST XI Messages - Master

SXMSPHIST XI Messages - Master History table

SXMSPEMAS Integration Engine: Enhanced Message Queue (Master)

SXMSPVERS Integration Engine: Message Version

SXMSPERROR XML Message Broker: Message Queue (Incorrect Entries)

SXMSCLUP Property Cluster

SXMSCLUR Resources Cluster

When switch procedure is activated. It will be switching between the tables based on the parameter

DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD

Thanks

kiran Nekkanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks for the info.

Can you help me with the steps to activate the Switch Process.