cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a "cancelled credit memo"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a credit memo A which was cancelled with S2 document type and the cancelled credit memo document no is B.

1) My question is can we cancel the cancelled credit memo doc B. I.e can we cancel the S2 doc . Does SAP allows this. If yes which copy control we need to set and what is the T code ?

2) If SAP does not allow to reverse S2, then how can we cancel the "cancelled credit memo".

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u want to Cancel the 'S1 Cancellation invoice' since it is not correct, u can always cancel the 'S1 Cancellation invoice', using the S2 Cancellation invoice.

As S1 is the 'Cancellation invoice' for F2 Invoice, S2 is the 'Cancellation invoice' for S1 Invoice.

To do this, you have to assign the S2 in the "Cancellation Billing type" field in the S1 billing document type & also u have to maintain Copy controls between S1 & S2 in Transaction 'VTFF'.

BR

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

you have not understood my question. I have cancelled a credit memo via S2 doc type. Now I want to cancel the S2 doc. Is it possible to cancel the S2 doc.

S2 is for cancelling the credit memo.

regds

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to run the program SDBONT06 in SA38 for the payer and check whether you can create a new credit memo against the credit memo request.

The other option that you can try is in the billing document type S2, add S1 as cancellatio document and try to reverse the cancellation. Not sure about your SAP version, but you can have a look at OSS note Note 388489 - Cancellation of a cancellation document.

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just create another credit memo with respect to the original reference document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Shiva, You mean to say i create another credit memo with ref to credit memo request ??

The 2nd question is can i cancel the "cancelled credit memo". Is it allowed in SAP ?

regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva, but i have th following issue in detai ?

The issue is we created a rebate manual accrual and so the system created a credit memo request and then we created a credit memo and then we cancelled the credit memo.

Now when we again create a credit memo with ref to credit memo request, the system does not allow and says items are not relevant for billing.

My questions are :-

1) Why this is happening ? Why the system does not allow to create another B4 doc (rebate credit memo) with ref to manual accrual rebate credit memo request.

2) How the manual accrual rebate credit memo request knows that the credit memo has been cancelled or how in any case any other credit memo request knows that the credit memo created have been cancelled so that the credit memo request is open again to create another credit memo ?

3) lastly my client has a very specfic question, that if it is possible to reverse a credit memo by going to VF11(so the system will create a S2 doc type) So based on the same logic, is it possible to reverse S2 ??

in the config of billing type S2, the field, " cancellation bill type " is there. So that means we can cancel the S2 doc. but what cancellation bill tyoe we need to give in S2 doc type config ??

regds