cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport master data and config in E-sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How to transport objects , master data and config in E-sourcing from one environment tp another (Say Dev to QA). Also let me know that are there any admin troubleshooting guide or snotes available to fix the issues while setting up E-sourcing.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Nancy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

For the most part, all 21 Master Data objects are in CSV format when you first load them in the application.

You should be able to use the same spread sheets across the board, to load them into other systems as well.

I believe MD objects cannot be transported as .oma files.

What is the source for these Master Data Objects that you would like to transport ? Are you extracting them from ECC ?

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parankus,

We have similar issue.We are going to run a report in QA to bring the object from ECC to E-sourcing in QA. I wanted to know how other configurations are moved from Dev to QA. Apart from workbook and import/ export tool, is there any other process available to bring basic configuration from Dev to QA?

Thank You

Suku

Former Member
0 Kudos

E-Sourcing out of the box provides something called OML's which are queries or objects that can be bundled together and saved a .oma files. OML (Object Migrartion List) or .oma files needs to be created in the source system first. This can be done using the Export feature in the Set Up section.

First check in the Query Defination section if there are objects available for migration...for instance Query Definitions always have OML's. Then create a .oma file using Export feature. Save that file and import it into the target system. Make sure the source and target are running the same version and patch of the software.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Parankush