cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Controlled WF Restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WF and SRM Consultants,

We are running SRM7.0 Process-controlled workflow for Bid Invitation (BUS2200) with one approval step, the line manager (Process Schema 3C_RQ_600_001).

We have two Customer Fields at Header Level of the Bid Invitation, that Buyer needs to edit after Manager Approval, without WF restart.

We have implemented note 1277921 Allow/Disallow to edit fields for approver/reviewer. But we don´t find where to perform the customizing steps to determine that these two custom fields can be editable without WF restart.

Does this Badi needs to be implemented also? /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART ?

Thanks

Ezequiel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already implemented this note for SC process.. Also I can explaine you how to do it, But before I like to understand about workflow restart your talking about..

Can you explain me you the actual functionality youu2019re looking for??

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

The functionality we are looking for is the following:

Purchaser generates a Bid Invitation, then the Manager approves it.

After Bids are generated by the bidders, some customer fields have to be filled (eg:Technical Responsible for approving the Bids).

The problem is that if Purchaser modifies one of these customer fields, a new version of the Bid Invitation is generated and a new work item is sent to the Manager again.

We would like to avoid a second approval instance by the manager if modifying these fields.

Thanks

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be do by a simple logic in your Event ID program (FM or Class whatever you use) as follows

1) Check for Change version available for a Bid Invitation

2) If there is now change version then itu2019s a new Bit Invitation workflow should trigger, Boolean value is true

3) Else return false..

Or also you can check for field level too.. Either way is possible..

With the above logic you can achieve your functionality easily..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if changes to your custom fields are leading to a new version of Bid getting created, if that is happening, new workflow is recommended. Avoid generation of new version on change in your custom fields. If new version is required then work on your expression in the event id which is triggering the new workflow.

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

Exactly that is happening, a new version is triggered every time we change these custom fields or any other field in the document.

How can we avoid that a new version is generated if just these custom fields are changed?

Thanks

Ezequiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Even I like to know who to avoid new version generation.. Can you please explain..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry its How not Who, my typo

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Method BBP_VERSION_CREATE_CONTROL of BADI BBP_VERSION_CONTROL to control the way new versions are created for documents like purchase orders, contracts, or RFxs.

Before implementing the above BADI, please check whether you have activated Version control in Configuration for the same.

Regards

Virender Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented this BADI: /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART

With the following filters:

DOCUMENT_TYPE = BUS2200

AND

PROCESS_SCHEME = 3C_RQ_600_001

method /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_RESTART~VALIDATE_RESTART.

break eglaser.

EV_RESTART = abap_false.

endmethod.

but after changing and publishing the Bid Invitation the WF is restarted and the Badi is not called.

Can you please indicate what is missing?

Many thanks

Eze