cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly scrap fixed qty

0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

We make products in tanks that range from 800 Litres to 13000 Litres. Regardless of the quantity we have a fixed scrap quantity of 50 litres in every production order. Due to our set up we cannot have any "dummy items" on the BOM as we speak directly to a Production execution system using the BOM as live instructions.

I am fully aware of the Assembly scrap field on MRP1 - but this is a percentage and a 1% value here would give scrap values from 8 Litres to 130 Litres given the tank values above. This variability away from 50 litres per production order is not acceptable.

This is important for our relationship between planned order quantities of HALB and FERT and also MRP.

Could you please suggest any standard functionality, Exits, ABAP or other approach to get around this issue?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please check with exit PPCO0007 or PPCO0008 if the field scrap form the material master can be modified here but I am not sure for this as it is not possible to maintain a fixed vales in standard.

Rgs - Vikas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same problem of taking assembly scrap in absolute quantity rather than percentage. I always need to generate additional 2 units more than requirement quantity for destructive testing and assembly scrap in percentage does not fulfill this requirement.

If i skip assembly scrap before MRP run then system does not plan it's dependent requirements so there is no point entering scrap portion at production order level.

Cheers,

Kashif

0 Kudos

Nandha, Vikas,

Thanks for your suggestions on how to solve this issue.

The exits were worth a look but did not result in a feasbile solution for us.

The solution to place the 50 L as a fixed item in the BOM is not a possible solution for us either.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can handle this issue by giving two times the same component in the BOM and for one line item define 50lts as fixed qty.

In the process order you will have the component in line item 1 as per BOM base qty and the same component will appear as 50 lts as fixed qty irrespective of your production order qty.

Thanks,

nandha