cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Barcode Dimm Module(Barcode issue in SAP Script)

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The barcode in a script is not getting printed as the printer does not have Barcode Dimm Module.

The user is asking us to change the script to a smartform , which will mean it will reuiqre huge effort.

Instead of that I am planning to suggest him to install Dimm Module on the printer .

Just wanted to know how feasible is it to install a Dimm Module on a Printer

@moderator : This is related to the SAP Script that is developed by ABAPERs and its very well possible that abapers may have come accross this issue quite often and hence can throw light on the same.

Hence kindly dont lock the thread .

Thanks and Regards

Rudra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for smartform suggestion is that Ii your printer doesn't have a barcode DIMM you can use the new barcode technology, which is described in SAp Notes #645158 and #430887. This is only possible with smartforms.

If you want to use sapscript and the printer doesn't have a barcde DIMM, there is another possibility.You can you print via a Windows system, SAPSprint or SAPLPD, device type SAPWIN and a barcode.dll.

ie: Your printer is connected to a Windows system that runs the SAPSprint or SAPLPD program

If you print via device type SAPWIN, the creation of the print data is done in the Windows. So the Windows creates a graphic, which contains the bars of the barcode, and sends this graphic to the printer.

The job to create the barcode graphic is done by the barcode.dll. See the SAP Note #14561 for more information.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

well if you know something about barcodes you could paint em yourself, by manipulating the OTF file.

Depending on how fit you are with barcodes this can spare you effort or not.

Best way would probably be to buy a freaking printer which can print the barcode, as i dont know how much effort it is to adopt the printer with that module. but still i guess this should be the second best way.