cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Database Studio startup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I installed the Database Studio 7.8 on a Win2k3x64 Server. After this I also installed the jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-i586-p.exe. When I start the Database studio with the parameter dbstudio.exe -vm "C:\...jre\bin" A command prompt opens for about 10 seconds and after that the process is killed and nothing happens. Are there any tracefiles written at the start where i might find the problem or are there any suggestions what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Did u install the 64 bit version of DBStudio 7.8? What is the version of DB Studio are u running?

SAP note 1097311 - "MaxDB Database Studio installation" says

"Information for Microsoft Windows: To start MaxDB Database Studio, you have to be in the installation directory. In Windows, this is already set in the relevant link."

And SAP note 1360996 - "Installation of SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.8.00"

"After you successfully performed the installation, you can use the shortcut "SAP MaxDB -> DatabaseStudio -> Database Studio" to call the Database Studio program."

So instead of starting it this way: dbstudio.exe -vm "C:\...jre\bin", do u still have problems if u try to start it via the shortcut way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply, II installed Version 7.8.01 Build 016-121-236-715 and i have the same problem when I try to run it with the shortcut.

I solved the problem, i used the wrong jre5 version, now it's working fine.

Edited by: Marco Fichna on Aug 25, 2010 10:01 AM

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to add the inromation in case anyone stumbles over the exact same problem:

i just installed JRE 1.5.0_16 (x64!) on a Windows 2008 R2 SR1 and succesfully implemented DBStudio 7.8.01.16 (64bit!)...called the application using

<FullPathtoDBStudioDirectory>dbstudio.exe -vm "<FullDirectorytoJRE15016>\bin"

everythings works smoothly

GreetZ, AH