cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock movement in the sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one explain me how to configure the stock movement in the sale order. Our client has MTO and MTS types of production process. For MTO, once production process completed stock will come to the sale order. In case of MTS, when sale order created system is considering the stock lying in the unrestricted use. Instead of this we would like to have the validation such that first user should move the stock from unrestricted to sale order. ( here system should not consider materials lying in the unrestricted use).

Kindly let us know the processing steps for MTS scenario.

Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that:

MTO PROCESS:

starts with sales order which creates requriment and it will be created on the basis of MB1A 561 E goods movement type.

MTS PROCESS:

here this is quite opposite for MTO process, goods will not be produced for one or group of customers. this is produced for general public for eg: any soap manufacturing process.

this will be determined by Availability Check config settings in SPRO. Please blindly follow the steps in SPRO line by line and you will get to know how it happens.

regars,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for immediate response.

Still I'm not clear with the your answers. Let me take an example;

A00001 is my material code, say it is MTS or brought out material, say 2 numbers lying in unrestricted stock. When we create a sale order for this material with 2 numbers, at time of availability check system considering the unrestricted stock and shows stock is available. Instead of this, system should show the avaliabity of stock only it moved to that sale order ( should not consider stock in unrestricted ).

Thanks and regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Please try like this.

Please check, what is the schedule line you are using for this particular sales document type. Use T-Code VOV6 and go to your schedule line details. Try with Movement type 402 or 413. Then, this stock will become sales order stock and not as Unrestricted.

It may help you..

Thanks and Regards..

Suresh Patnayakuni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

We are using Schedule line CP for MTS and MTO materials. With same schedule line category for MTS system picking from sale order stock and MTO unrestricted. The movement type for CP is 601. My question is why it is processing like this for same Item category.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

That is because of your different configurations for MTO and MTS. The type of stocks (Quality stock, Unrestricted, Sales Order stock,etc..) depends on the MRP Group and Strategy Group of your Material master and Requirement Class and Requirement Types of the Transfer of Requirements and Availability Check configuration in IMG. MTO and MTS configurations are different.That's why your system is behaving in different ways for MTO and MTS, eventhough you used same schedule line..

Hope, it may clarify your doubt..

Thanks and Regards..

Suresh Patnayakuni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your answer really helped me for some extent.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MTS scenario can be accomplished by the following settings

Need to use strategy group 20 in material master MRP view-Stretgy group 20 is assigned to strategy 20

Strategy 20 is assigned to Requirement type KE (Individual customer requirement)

Requirement type KE is assigned to requirement class 040 (Indiv.cust.w/o cons.)

Requirement class has all the parameters where we can define Prodcution order type that will be used to create the prod order. The above link needs to be established.

Also the MTS can be achieved using Sales Order schedule line catagory which will be assigned to Requirement type/class. Item category is assigned to Reqtype/class and the Item category is maintained in the material master.

You can use any of the baove config settings.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto the links given below

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40409&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I hope this will resolve your issue

Thanks

Anil Hooda