cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Plan Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing a problem in Control plan print preview.

I have BOM structure as, Header Material (M code: XYZ) ->>Assembly (M code DEF) ->> Raw Material (M Code: ABC)

MICs assigned for XYZ and DEF materials in routing operations while for ABC in Inspection plan.

I have created Control plan for Header Material XYZ, when I check the print preview, I can see 3 pages of control plans and for all control plans the material code/part number is XYZ only.

1 Page: Part number is XYZ whereas the rest of item data (MICs) belongs to ABC Material

2 Page: Part number is XYZ whereas the rest of the item data (MICs) belongs to DEF Material

3 Page: Part number XYZ and MICs are belongs to same material, which I think is correct.

Now the question is why system is considering header material code for all control plans? Is this standard behavior of SAP?

If I want to prepare control plan material wise (XYZ, DEF and ABC) then what is the procedure?

Could anybody faced this problem? If so plese help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The control plan is Part specific only, means you can create one control plan for a Material at a particular plant. It's similar to the routing/inspection plan.

Check your following config settings:

1. What is the structure type you are using? I suggest create a new structure type which has Material with control plan items.

In the newly created structure type, go to object type - select control plan - click on process type. Three process types will be displayed - one for production , one for Goods Issue and one for Goods receipt. Keep the required one - for your requirement - the production and remove rest.

Assign this newly created structure type in define control plan type.

I am not sure the above will correct your problem - just give a try. I did see the control plan has shown the same MIC multiple times but not the issue you had. Send me the screen shot including the individual task lists of the materials/routing for the main part etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

Thank so much for your quick reply.

Currently I am using structure type 002-Material-Based, W/O Control Plan Items.

I will configure new structure type as you suggest and will update you the result. In the mean time I have one basic question that how I have to prepare the control plan for a final product which is having Assembly and Raw materials.

Example my final product is Battery (FERT) and it as got BOM items as Cathode (HALB) and Anode (HALB) packs. Again these Cathode and Anode packs have its own BOM and the BOM items are Lithium ion slurry (ROH) and other ROH chemicals.

Now my question is how to prepare the control plan, is it for FERT Material which takes care of all other sub component in within one control plan? Or Individually I have to prepare for each material like for FERT, HALB and then for ROH. If Individual control plan then what will be the control plan type for ROH?

Please suggest me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj -

How to create a control plan depends on two things.

1. How FMEA is maintained. As the insp.characteristics are maintained in the FMEA - will be pulled in to the control plan and from there respective task list will be updated. If for your FERT, HALB and ROH materials only one FMEA is maintained, you have to create three different control plans or individual control plans for each material and establish the link between the one process FMEA to all the related control plans created. So, that you can select the insp. characteristics and updated the task list.

2. How you maintain your insp.char for the product.

Each Key charactericts you test should have a control plan. In your case, how you are maintaining the inspection characteristics for the finished product 'Battery'. You maintain all the inspection characteristics you test for battery in the task list? If so one control plan for the finished product. Anyways, you have to maintain individual control plans for all the Materials (irrespective of Material type) if you want to get to the closed loop planning.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

Somehow I am able to create control plan for each Material but still few problems in Printing. I have sent you the screen shot, Please go through it and suggest me.

Regards,

Raj