SBO-Mailer Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont know how to configure SBO-Mailer

i fixed

SMTP Address:

Port no

But i dont know which user name and Password should give ?

thank u

sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1269712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

No need to enter username and password just put SMTP server, port and authentication.

Refer below threads....

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

mail does not send Even if i select no authentication. should i install sap server tool in client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridharan,

You don't need Server Tool installed for client. Check if you set up a valid email address for the company in Admin module.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Gordon,

Thank you for your kind information. I have done valid email in company details in admin module and also user setting and user default. still i am not receive m ail. We have own mail server and we are using MS outlook integration.

i have given my e ma i l id in all setting. it does not work.

thank u

sridhar

former_member1269712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

If you want to send auto emails through email alert then that mails going through SBO Mailer not required Outlook integration.

SBO mailer setup :-

1. Settings -

SMTP server - Contact your administrator he will give you smtp

SMTP port - Same as above

User Name - if required or keep blank

password - if required or keep blank

Encoding - English (United status)

SMTP Client - Microsoft .NET

Authentication - Anonymous Access

Use TLS Encryption - Untick

HTML Directionright to left - untick

Inculde subject in message bosy - tick

Fax Settings -

Keep as it is

2. Connections

DB Type - Select your server type (MSSQL / MSSQL_2005)

DB Server - select your sername e.g SAPSERVER

3. Database

Once you click on this button you will see your database names tick on your database name.

4. Schedule - Most Important

Select how you want emails frequently.

For testing purpose click on "By Intervals" and put "5" in every field and select "minutes".

After all these things go to SBO Alert management and set one alert and tick internal and email as well and check after 5 minutes email will receive in your inbox which you set for use to whom you set that alert in alert management.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expert Mr.sachin,

Thank you for your Answer. I have not enter my e mail in my user account that is problem. Now i am receiving e maill from server.Thank you for a valid answer.

Thank you

sridharan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

I also have a same problem, regarding SMTP Server and port. Which exact server does it mean? and also port?

Regards,

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post above query as new discussion. This is standard forum rule.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thank you for the point. I've already solved the problem.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

I got the procedure to install mailer. Sorry to disturb you.

thanks

Aloke Bandyopadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aloke ,

Kindly share the procedure to install the mailer.I am struggling long time to configure SBO Mailer

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh

Find the procedure as below:

1. Installation of SBO Mailer

 Upgrade Server Tools to install SBO Mailer by clicking u2018setup.exeu2019 file in u2018Server Toolsu2019 folder in your SAP installation package.

 Alternately if you have already installed SAP and also given effect of any patches, go to u2018Patch Folder / Packages / Server Toolsu2019 and click u2018setup.exeu2019.

On clicking the set-up file system will start u2018InstallShield Wizardu2019 for installation :

And system then display another window:

As other components of Server Tools are already installed, choose u2018Modifyu2019 radio button (system already selected it by default) and click u2018Nextu2019 button at the bottom of the pane. System will then display another window:

Tick the check box u2018Maileru2019 and follow through the u2018InstallShield Wizardu2019 to set up SBO Mailer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

How to get SBO Mailer in SAP B1 8.8 SP 0 PL 14. Previously (in SAP B1 2007 B) we used to get it through Server Tool. But now we are getting only "SBO Back up", "SBO DI Server" and "License Manager".

Please help as we are also unable to mail set up.

Thanks

Aloke Bandyopadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should I install Outlook integration for this?

if yes please guide me how to configure?

thank you.

sridhar