cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration help ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a material with two variants ,scolour and styres.I have also created sprice as a characteristics

I need to select these 2 variants when i create order ,how ever these 2 variants appear while creating order but in the pricing condition only only variant appear that is scolour(va00).

I need to know why i dont get these variants together in the item condition,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the pricing characteristic is properly configured.

It should be created as a reference characteristic with the reference field as SDCOM-VKOND

Also the dependencies need to be created for this characteristic and need to be updated for all possible values of all characteristics. The correct syntax has to be followed. I think ur problem lies there. You should have created the dependency for the values of only one characteristic and left the other one. You should create the dependency to update SDCOM-VKOND field for all values of the other characteristic also.

Once this is done, maintain condition record for all variants of the other characteristics for condition type VA00 in VK11

If all these set ups are done, you can see the prices coming for all the variants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

I appreciate ur reply for my question.As u have mentioned I have followed all the steps including cto4,cl02 I had applied sdcom and vkond programmes to both the characteristics i.e scolours and styres But in cu41 it doesnt allow me to choose the 2nd characterstics.Ibut it allows me only scolour to choose and not styres as its on the display mode.

I think SDCOM AND VKOND can be used only for sprice ..

is there any other way..

please

thanks

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I dont know why you are trying to fix the value of the characteristic in CU41. You can only link the configuration profile and material in CU41. Also you link the class to CP / material. This will ensure that when you create SO, the class is shown to you for configuration.

First check that both the characteristics whether they are configured as hidden. May be one of ur characteristics is hidden and hence it is not allowing you to select the value for it.

Ensure that you have done the following things.

1. Create characteristics with their values (easy)

2. Create class and link the same with characteristics (easy)

3. Link between class and configuration profile/ material

4. Create a procedure dependency for the price characteristic

5. The syntax of the procedure dependency is where you have to be careful. It is something like this

$SELF.PRICE = YELLOW IF COLOUR = YELLOW where

PRICE and COLOUR are characteristics and yellow is the value of the characteristic. You want the price characteristic also to be yellow when the characteristic value is yellow. Similary you have to create this code for all possible values of the characteristic COLOUR. Some examples of this are

$SELF.PRICE = GREEN IF COLOUR = GREEN

$SELF.PRICE = RED IF COLOUR = RED ETC....

Like this you have to write the code for all the other values of all the characteristics.

Assign this dependency to the price characteristic.

Now maintain VK11 for all values of the possible characteristics.

Now if you create the transaction, your pricing values will be perfect based on the values you select.

If you are little creative, you can even offer discounts to customers, if they are selecting a particular combination of options for two characteristics!!!!

Enjoy VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is to inform you that,

the purpose of VC is that only and you are asking why the variants are not appearing.

after configuring all the steps:

you enter customer and material in with the sales order screen you will get all the options which you are having in the configuration profile.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

I dont understand Mr Laxmi...what he saying ..please be clear..

let me tell u the situation

i have created characteristics i.e z colour(Values-black,red, yellow) and z tyres (values-mrf ,jk) & zprices

i have done all the necessary ABAP codes to all these characteristics,i.e colour with prices and tyres wid prices .

I have created a class as well and assigned these 2 characterisitcs to it by using the tcode cu41

I have also maintained va00 wid different prices for all these above variants.

Now my issue is ..when I create an sales order though it shows me 2 variant characterisitcs to choose ,z colour(Values-black,red, yellow) and z tyres (values-mrf ,jk),I select each one say black and jk ,but in the item condition screen i can see VA00 I.E BLACK UNDER PR00 ,BUT ANOTHER VARIANT CHARACTERICIS JK DOESNT APPEAR..WHY?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry it was Mr Balaji...

Please be clear what u are saying ,I believe in KISS formula hope u know it..thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that if u buy a bike then u can select more then one variant eg,colour,disk breaks,extra silencers,foot guards,etc..

Car u can select colours,child locks,mag wheels,auto door lock,music systems etc..

I have read some contents on the net,but it seems that too lengthy so pls don not suggest me that...I need simple examples and answers from sap Gurus, I really appreciate if any one gives me the correct answer..

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If all the depedendencies are in place, I presume you have to check on whether the price charateristic(sprice) is enabled as Multiple value character in CT04.

With Reards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have u place both the charactestics in the class and assigned to the material in cu41.pls check.

Regards,

Ramesh.