cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System refresh Need some clarrification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning o do syste, refresh which contains only one client in testing system .We want to refresh data with production We have ecc 6.0 on windows as oracle database.

I want to import and export the data i want to delete the client which is present in testing and i want to create new client .I have space problem if i delete cleint do i get space for export and import.

Please suggest me which method is easy to refresh the data.

Regards,

Naveen N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Client Export and Import is only recommended if you are sure that QA and Prod configuration is essentially same.

The best solution would be copying back the prod completely (not simply client) via homogeneous system copy and re-establishing the clients for testing.

Again space will be a constraint in such operations, also you will probably have more teams involved in supporting this operation.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client export and import would be the best method for refreshing data from one system to other as it will not depend on the network.

As per the [Note|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=35952], you have to do a reorg to regain the space after deleting a client in SAP.

For ur scenario, I would suggest doing a client export from PRD and importing the data into the existing client in QUA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M