Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecc6 Create with Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have upgraded to ECC6.

When creating a new DIR(with DOC type REP) and adding a orginal with the "Create with Templates" option. When I click on Save, in the Create Document: Initial Screen. The correct DIR number displays in the Document field, but in the Document Type field it shows the Templates Document type(ZZZ) and not the Doc type I was creating.

When going into Change/Display mode and replacing the ZZZ in the DOC Type field with the Correct Doc Type REP. It opens the DIR.

Another scenario is when creating a REP doc type. Saving it. When I go into change mode and add an original via the "Create with Template" option and save the DIR. The templates details are shown in the ChangeDocument: Initial Screen and not the REP DIR I created.

The REP DIR however successfully added the template as the original.

I have searched for notes, but was unable to find any.

Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Your answer is within your quetion itself. When you select a option"Create with Template" means document is created with one document type REP and saved as DIR. Also another one DIR is created as template document type ZZZ.When you select this option two DIR's are created. And you might know the basics that two DIR can't have same number,document type,part and version. For the reason template are saved as separate type if you choose this option"Create with Template" means create one DIR and create one Template.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a DIR 123 ZZZ with an ORIGINAL attached to it.

This DIR 123 ZZZ is set up in COnfig to be the Template when creating ORIGINALS for DOC TYPE GV.

CREATE GV Doc type, Enter Descr, CLICK on Create Original, click on "CREATE WITH TEMPLATE (F5)"

Original OPENS, make changes, SAVE the original, SAVE the DIR.

Create Document: Initial Screen displays

Document : 9000234343 ---> this is the GV doc number

Document Type : ZZZ ---> this should be GV and not ZZZ

Document Part: 000

Document Version: 00

I think this is an ECC6 issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going by my inference of the above thread, i believe the concept of 'templates for originals' needs more clarity.In DMS, templates are used for standardization and uniformity.

The primary objective of using templates is to reduce the time invested for creation of documents as most of the details are maintained in the master template and the same can be utilize by using the template when creating documents.

Please refer to the below wiki link for an improved understanding.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Templates-Document+Management

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pradeepkumar, Yes you are on the right track with what I mean with configurating DIR 123 ZZZ to be the template for GV Doc types. ( I am using ZZZ and GV as Examples for a DOC TYPE) and then using the template to create a uniform way of attaching an original to a DIR.

In SAP 4.7 the same scenario above, but it works correctly:

I have a DIR 123 ZZZ with an ORIGINAL attached to it.

This DIR 123 ZZZ is set up in COnfig to be the Template when creating ORIGINALS for DOC TYPE GV.

CREATE GV Doc type, Enter Descr, CLICK on Create Original, click on "CREATE WITH TEMPLATE (F5)"

Original OPENS, make changes, SAVE the original, SAVE the DIR.

Create Document: Initial Screen displays

Document : 9000234343 ---> this is the GV doc number

Document Type : GV---> In ECC6 it pulls through the Template DOC type ZZZ

Document Part: 000

Document Version: 00

Has anyone that is using ECC6 come across this scenario for DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Just to apprise you,I retested the scenario using XLS template and it works perfectly fine in ECC5.0 landscape. The native document type details get saved as envisaged. Will test on 6.0 and update.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar