cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change part of the WD UI Group header text in Webdynpro ABAP?

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where I need to change just the part of a Group Header(Caption) name to something like RED to highlight it.

For ex: I have a Group with caption by default. I have a name for caption as "Note: If any issues Pls contact xxxxx"

Here I need to change the text after Note to RED. but all texts are in one Caption, If I change the colour ,then it applied to all the text including Note. I there any workaround to change part of the Group header text in Webdynpro ABAP? Please help

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Note: Its better to go with message area rather than giving Note in headertext itself.

Here the steps to change the part of headertext.

1. Create an image with text "Note"

2. Import that MIME object into webdynpro

3. Use the same in ImageSource property of Caption

4. Give the caption text as " Please .... . "

5. Chage the Colour of the text as you required. ( it will not affect the image text "Note" )

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No sorry, you can't do it.

As a potential work around, you could possible make a graphic/image file with the formatting as you want it. You could insert this graphic in the header. However, you would have to manually handle translation issues within your code (have different graphics depending on user's login language). Also given the changeable nature of contact details, you may be regularly updating this graphic...

You'd store the graphic/image file as a MIME associated with the component you are developing.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Edited by: Chris Paine on Aug 23, 2010 5:45 PM - clarify - graphic=image file