Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Problem

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in excise duty exemption. There are three companies says A, B, C. I am in Company A. We supplies goods to B which is a trader. B sells goods to C. Company C is excise duty expemted . My requirement is how to configure system so that if we sell goods to company B, it wll exempt from excise duty.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not mentioned whether company A, B & C are under different company code and it is a normal sales process.

In such case, you should not bother about company B. Your client while despatching goods to comapany A, if duty is chargeable, then you should charge. For this, in CIN tab of customer master, you can have different percentage. In SAP, once normal sales is made with movement type 601, the responsibility seizes from seller.

For this, in IMG, go to Logistics-General => Tax on Goods Movements => India => Basic Settings => Maintain Excise Duty Indicators. Here you can have three indicators like

a) 1 - 100% Duty

b) 2 - 50% Duty

c) 3 - Nil Duty

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

B is my customer and c is B's customer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Let me elaborate the problem:I have a problem in excise duty exemption. My client supplies the material to a customer A and inturn he supplies it to B. B has exemption for excise duty, for which he will be providing the required certificate. Now my client requires that the exemption should happen at the time of sales order creation how is this possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this kind of scenario. Create a new condition type as ZEXD -Excise discount condition type .

Addthis in your pricing procedure and its value depened on total of excide duty -subtotal .

Now maintain the condition record for the customer material combination- as 100%

In the document when this criteria is fulfilled about the condition type systrem will trigger the condition type ZEXD as 100 % which will make your excide duty as zero.

also you can have this condition type activated a manual condition type and you can eneter it when required in order.

Hope this will help you !!!

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For intercomapny sales from company A to company B create a different pricing procedure

In the pricing procedure maintain the excise condition type a s statistical.

this will help you to sale the goods from company A to company B without passing excise duty.

Hope this will help you!!

Regards,

Krishna O