cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status profile in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement in Service desk Functionality, wherein the content of the message cannot be edited in paticulat user status.

Requirement in detail:

We have certain user statuses like " Approval for Quality" etc. When the message processor sets this status in the support message and saves. He should not be able to change the content of the support message and the user status.

There is a lead who approves these support message by changing the status to " Approved". The lead should be able to change the status of support message from " Approval to Qaulity" to " Approved" and also the content of the support message.

I have tried with the authorization code, but this was of help only in the control of user status and not the suppport message as a whole.

Request your valuable suggestions on this,

thanks and regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas

here is a response to your problem (assuming you go for SAP Gui Interface: Transaction CRMD_ORDER) which i think is your case.

This will require some development though but this will work

As you said authorization key allow a person to set ticket to a certain status... the problem is that when he reaches that status; he is still able to modify values in fields of document even when he is not supposed to ... right ?

Well, you can make the document not modifable thanks to a badi. I am not saying the document will be in display mode... It will be in Change Mode but you ll make sure all fields of document become not modifable

Here is how to do. In se18 for BAdi 'CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK' Create an implementation. By modifying ct_input_field_names-changeable to 'A', a field becomes non modifiable. So do that for all fields of document. BUT make sure you do that according to who (user meaning pfcg role) in which status.

You could use a maintenable table to set for example for which role you ll grey all fields for a certain status

PS: Status change will still be available... but this one is supposed to be controlled with authorization keys !

Hope my explanations were clear

regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards,

Srinivas

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

You may protect given statuses with authorization objects and then perform a check for this authorization object at the time of executing the action.

In SPRO:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide

SAP Solution Manager

Scenario-Specific Settings

Extended Configuration

Change Transaction

Transaction Types

Status Administration

Change Status Profile for User Status

Then, you see that there is a field called 'auth code'. The F1 explanation for this field is:

"Authorization key

The authorization key is the basis for status-dependent authorization verification.

Example

Whenever a user status is set or deleted, the user's authorization to do so is checked. The status profile, the object type and the authorization key for the user status concerned are checked.

If, for example, you want to ensure that certain user statuses can be changed only by people in a particular group, you assign all those user statuses an authorization key.

Then use authorization object B_USERSTAT to give authorizations for those authorization keys."

So, in your action, you may use a check against B_USERSTAT to make the action status dependant.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your response! I have set these settings already in the USer status. With this setting as a informed earlier, I'm able to control the status of the support message to an user. But however, my requirement is that the total support message in a particular status to be restricted to an user(only display to be allowed) and to be accessible to another(can change the user status as well as the support message detals).

eg. If user A is marking a status to say "In process" and saves, then the support message as a whole should be set in Display mode. Any changes cannot be allowed to the document(Support message) for the user A . But for the user B he should be able to change the details of the support message when the status is " In Process" .

Hope my requirement is clear.

Thank you!

Srinivas

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have seen the behaviour you require in standard ChaRM roles, rather than Service Desk.

A test user with roles: SAP_CM_SMAN_TESTER and SAP_SOCM_TESTER - This user is not able to display or change a SDMJ assigned to him when an SDMJ document is In development status. These authorizations are required:

Authorization object CRM_ORD_PR

ACTVT 02, 03

PR_TYPE SDMJ

After adding this authorization I am not able to Createa a transport request from the task list or the drop down action list:

Authorization object CRM_ORD_OP

ACTVT 03

PARTN_FCT SDCD0004

PARTN_FCTT 0000

So it looks like also CRM_ORD_OP is involved.

Sorry to give partial answers, I am not such a security expert... I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

If you are using the SAP Gui interface (tx CRMD_ORDER) there is no simple answer to your requirement. If you are using the webdynpro interface, your requirement can be easily completed thanks to Note 1435064 - Web Dynpro UI: Change to display mode after saving.

Hope this helps,

BR.

Stéphane.