cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_FQDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whenever i test service alrtinbox through transaction SICF i get the following error:

Exception Class CX_FQDN

Error Name

Program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Include CX_FQDN=======================CM002

ABAP Class CX_FQDN

Method CHECK

Line 10

Long text -

i have maintained the parameter icm/host_name_full : hostname.domain.com

Kindly help !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Arpita Saini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it was network related problem...

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the following SAP Notes:

Note 1403326 - Exception CX_FQDN when starting WD ABAP applications

Note 654982 - URL requirements due to Internet standards

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My SAP setting are fine, because i am able to test the service from my server, but when i try to test it from my machine

I get the error "URL can not be retrieved". IP address can not be resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Arpita Saini.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arpita,

Please check the following:

- Are you able to ping the SAP server from your machine? if not try to ping it using IP address. If you are able to ping using IP Address but not using the hostname of the SAP Server, you need to then ask your network guys to add the SAP Server hostname in the DNS. A temporary alternative to this is to add the hostname and IP Address combination for your SAP Server in your machines /etc/hosts file. On windows its normally present in your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory. Please note you may have your Windows Drive somewhere else, search in the appropriate directory.

If you are unable to ping even the IP Address, it means there is no connectivity between your machine and the SAP Server, again you need to have the network guys look into this.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to ping the FQDN also. I have maintained the entry in my host file also.

But still no results. I dunno everything is fine but still I amnot able to exewcute alrt inbox.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpita Saini

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arpita,

What is the hostname seen in the SMICM->Services do you see the services running properly?

Regards,

siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u are able to open the URL in the server and also u r able to ping the FQDN from ur PC, the problem might be wit the firewall settings.

Check the firewall settings of ur server as well as the client PC. Make sure that there is no restriction to connect to the particular port from any client PC. I've had issue whike connecting to SAP instance because of thefirewall settings.

Check the installation guide for the firewall settings and then configure as per the recommendation.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arpita,

Set the following parameters as well and then restart the SAP instance once.

1. SAPLOCALHOST : <hostname>

2. SAPLOCALHOSTFULL : <hostname>.<domain>

This might solve ur issue.

Regards,

Varadharajan M