Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing on partial released WBS

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my project i got scenerio in which project strucutre is very big which i cant release full at once so i need to release at different levels and also i am getting revenue in the project at top level wbs. Now the problem is when i release one wbs so status of top level wbs become partially release. Now when we are doing delivery of sales order system is not allowing the delivey with error message that status of wbs doesnt allow the delivery of sales order.

It means to make delivery of sales order wbs should be rel now i cant realease full project at one time and i want to reciever revenue on the top level wbs. Kindly help me in this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode: BS22. select the System status I0042 (PREL).

Double click on the status and check what has been forbidden.

Allow the Business transaction that has to be carried out for this System Status.

If this does not help then definitely there is a User status that is not allowing you to carry out that business transaction.

Hope it helps...

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one of following things:

Have multiple root node structure.

Make user status which blocks releasing of other level WBSE.

Make the WBSE which you are releasing as billing element.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I am trying to work on second option given by you. I want to release full project thru system status and after that i want to release one wbs manually thru user status so that i can release full project at once and one more release for wbs also. And also we wont be able to perform any operation untill userstats relsd is done. But right now i am not able to achieve that. I can simulate the user status release with system status release but i am not able to stop wbs level release on project release. Kindly help me in this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Understand System status is alwalys prime. You can trigger it from user status. But from System status you cannot trigger user status. The meaning of user status is to limit business transaction within system status ( for Ex. Rel).

As from your post iti s not quite clear what you wanted to achieve. If you wwant to release whole project at time that is std.

If you wanted to stop some of Business transaction than use relevant User status set at initial.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I am working on 2 options.

1- In this case i will release project at top level wbs but apart from this release i want to release below wbs manually thru user status so . It means after release of project at top level one addition release at wbs level.

2- In this case i would like to have some user status at wbs level thru which i would like to block the generation of PR after release. I know we can set the config as creation of PR TO never and user can change one by one never to immediately but i want to control it at wbs level thru user status.

I am trying for both , any one is ok for me but right now its not working.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a user status that is set on partially release and allows creation of delivery or billing document etc

Follow your current process

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

It means we can create delivery and billing on partial released wbs. Kindly confirm.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to try and check it out - I have not configured and checked but I will leave that to you

From what I can see in the user status config it is a possibility

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You check it out, but I think we cannot do delivery or billing with PREL status WBS. I don't think option 1 is viable logically, Any user status cannot keep tap on system status pass of std. SAP. ( If it is working than share)

Moslty you need to build solution around 2 option.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I tried blocking release of 2nd level WBSE, but the you won't be able to release the whole project as well. Try Virendra's and Varshal's suggestions.

>

>

> 2- In this case i would like to have some user status at wbs level thru which i would like to block the generation of PR after release. I know we can set the config as creation of PR TO never and user can change one by one never to immediately but i want to control it at wbs level thru user status.

>

> Regards

> Abhishek Sinha

For the above, you can definitely set user status on "Material Purchase Requition" business transaction.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Aug 23, 2010 4:46 PM

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Aug 23, 2010 4:48 PM

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for giving advice on the issue. As per my testing i got the following results. Kindly correct me in case of any modifications.

1) we cant allow delivery of sales order even if we go in BS22 and select status prel as there is no option thru we which we can allow delivery of sales order but in standard if system status is prel we cant make delivery of sales order.

2) Thru user status i tried to have a release on second and third level wbs but the same problem is coming as stated by Harsh, in that case i am not able to release the whole project.

3) I also tried to block the generation of PR thru some status on wbs. It means even though i release the whole project but system shouldnt create PR. But that is also not happening thru user status. The moment i release the project all PRs are created in system even though i have forbidden in wbs user stauts.

Kindly suggest in case of any advice or correction.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1 & 2 is not logically viable. For option 3 if your PR is account assigned to WBS than it shoould work. If PR is account assigned to network than you need to have system status at network level. ( If I remember correctly only manualy OP/ PR is not obeying user status. )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

>3) I also tried to block the generation of PR thru some status on wbs. It means even though i release the whole project but >system shouldnt create PR. But that is also not happening thru user status. The moment i release the project all PRs are created >in system even though i have forbidden in wbs user stauts.>

>Regards

> Abhishek Sinha

I simulated to block PR, PO on WBSE, Network both. It is running perfectly fine. I guess changes in user statuses will work on new projects.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the Std. behaviour, if you release top level WBSE then the status will be passed on to subordinate WBSE.