cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS configuration from Production Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Im very new to SAP Basis Administration, I know only basics, currently we are implementing SAP HR module and my company give me a task to build a separate server (copy of SAP Production) I did it well, but my problem is how can I transfer the transport request from dev to my restore server, I almost 1 week in this project but I cant make it, I read a lot of threads still no luck, here are what I did,

I manually copy the cofiles and data from DEV server to Restored Server (same path)

After that I open STMS at Restored Server but dialog error prompt me

System NEP Command TMS_MGR_READ_TRANSPORT_QUEUE

Client 100 Service Communication Interface

User MIS_01 Start Online

Date 08/23/2010 Function TMS_TP_SHOW_BUFFER

Time 07:49:19 Message RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE

RFC communications error with system/destination

"TMSADM NED.DOMAIN_ECC

Error when opening an RFC connection

Now since this problem is in RFC connection,

I go to SM59 to change the settings of the connection

I change the HostName since the hostname is still the hostname of the Production, I try to execute COnnection Test and it works when I change, I try also the remote Logon it works also.

I go back to STMS and click the NEP no dialog error already

I click the Extras -> Other Request ->Add then I type the transport request and click OK but it hangs until ABAP Dump prompt. (note I already grant to write and excute the files that I copied from cofiles and data)

In this case I found another thread,

After copying the cofiles and data

I try to open a console

change the user to admin

and type tp addtobuffer NEDK902130 <SID> pf=d:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

but error prompt me.

blah blah...

E-usrsaptransbinTP_DOMAIN_ECC_.PFL could not be opened.

.error in transportprofil (param missing, unknown....)

note: I try to check this path \usr\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_ECC.PFL is present

I think the settings of TP_DOMAIN_ECC.PFL is not correct due to I only copy this file from Production,

THen I try to delete the TMS confiuration using TCODE Se06, I successfully delete the TMS configuration

but when I try to re configure an error prompt me "Configuration can be create to client 000"

I try to login to client 000 using DDIC but I dont know the password, no one know the password, I try to query to table usr02

no client 000 in the table, I dont know what to do, It aches my head for almost a week, Please guide what to do on this guyz thank you in advance,

Note Im using SAP ECC6 and platform is Linux Suse,

Databse: DB2

please help me guyz.

Edited by: Johnny Taghoy on Aug 23, 2010 11:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So John

what I have understood from your post is that you have not configured ur transport settings in the new system,

Please check a system copy documentation for better understanding of how to set up transport in a new system.

You can add that new system to existing landscape or you can configure it as a "Single System". Later option will be easier for you now. This has to be done from client 000.

Now your second problem is you can not loging to 000 client as you do not know the password for DDIC in 000. Try with

"sap*" and password "pass". If it works fine. change the password for DDIC. If not check the below link .

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Thanks for the response...

I successfully reset the Password of SAP* in client 000 and change the password of DDIC, by forcing to delete the SAP* id in client 000 table usr02 and then I add login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 in my instance profile (RZ10), my problem now is the configuration of TMS,

I delete existing TMS configuration by these steps

Se06 and select Database Copy or Database Migration since this is only a restored from Production copy,

then login using client 000 (DDIC user)

then create new Domain, can you give me steps on how to create a single system? I try to create and test connection OK, rfc connection OK blah blah is working but when I add the transport request I want It hangs and only gives a message "tp User Check OK". please please T_T ...thanks.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

STMS->Overview>Transport Routes>Standard Configuration-->Single System

I assumed you have deleted the previous route from SE06.

But I strongly suggest to check the system copy guides which should have all this information. Moreover, you can check SAP training material TADM325 for understanding how transport configuaration works.

Can also refer the thread below

Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Aug 23, 2010 5:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

At last! i did it!, thanks for your ideas and Links....:D

Answers (0)