Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Kernel Upgrade on Linux - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Error

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have one sap systems running on Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux X86_64) with Oracle 10.2.0.4

I tried to do a kernel upgrade to this system, but after I change all the files on kernel directory, I start the system with terminal command startsap all and I entry in sap system then I go to system --> status and the level patch of kernel is exactly the same of it had before!

I don´t understand why this happens, but I change it all files on kernel directory /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run but even so the level of kernel is the same level 144 and it should inform the level 254! why this are not synchronize?

Can you explain me what´s happen?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like sapcpe is not setup correctly.

Assuming you are running a Netweaver 2004s based system, check Note 1104735 - Upgrade to new instance-specific directory on UNIX.

Make sure the Execute_XX parameter is setup correctly in your start profiles.

Nelis

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis Lamprecht,

Thanks for your answer.

The system is a SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 (Unicode / ABAP+JAVA).

I read the note that you mentioned and sincerely I don´t totally understand that, I change some parameters like it said in that note but unfortunately it didn´t result, maybe because I don´t understand well what I have to do in that parameters change action.

I solved the problem by the way I didn´t wanted to used, but which is the only way I found to solve this problem... was copying all the files that were in / usr / sap / QAS / SYS / exe / run to the directory / usr/sap/QAS/DVEBMGS00/exe

Can you tell me what I have wrong in the following parameters in:

START profile:

SETENV_04                                   PATH=$(DIR_EXECUTABLE):%(PATH)
INSTANCE_NAME                               DVEBMGS00
DIR_CT_RUN                                  $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)/run
DIR_EXECUTABLE                              $(DIR_INSTANCE)/exe
DIR_PROFILE                                 $(DIR_INSTALL)/profile
SETENV_03                                   LIBPATH=$(DIR_LIBRARY):%(LIBPATH)
_PF                                         $(DIR_PROFILE)/JMD_DVEBMGS00_redhatsap
SETENV_00                                   DIR_LIBRARY=$(DIR_LIBRARY)
SETENV_01                                   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(DIR_LIBRARY):%(LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
SETENV_02                                   SHLIB_PATH=$(DIR_LIBRARY):%(SHLIB_PATH)
Execute_00                                  immediate $(DIR_CT_RUN)/sapcpe$(FT_EXE) pf=$(_PF)
Execute_01                                  local $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/sapmscsa pf=$(_PF) -n
Execute_02                                  local rm -f $(_MS)
Execute_03                                  local ln -s -f $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/msg_server$(FT_EXE) $(_MS)

INSTANCE profile:

_PF                                         $(DIR_PROFILE)/JMD_DVEBMGS00_redhatsap
DIR_PROFILE                                 $(DIR_INSTALL)/profile
SAPSYSTEMNAME                               JMD
SAPSYSTEM                                   00
INSTANCE_NAME                               DVEBMGS00
DIR_CT_RUN                                  $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)/run
DIR_EXECUTABLE                              $(DIR_INSTANCE)/exe
exe/saposcol                                $(DIR_CT_RUN)/saposcol
rdisp/wp_no_dia                             10

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That Suggested SAP Note is well describing the SAP Kernel copy behavior upon starting of SAP Instance.

The location /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run must be a symbolic link to to location /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/dbg and The location /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/dbg should point to /sapmnt/<SID>/exe directory.

The directory location /sapmnt/<SID>/exe works a Central directory of SAP Kernel executable for all SAP Instances of SAP System.

In SAP Kernel Upgradation activity, you will have to copy extracted New SAP Kernel at /sapmnt/<SID>/exe (central) location under <sid>adm user.

Then When you start SAP system/instances using startsap command , the sapcpe program will copy the kernel executables from /sapmnt/<SID>/exe (central) location to instance specific kernel executables location such as /usr/sap/QAS/DVEBMGS00/exe in your case.

Please check sapcpe log to get more information, weather its executing without any error or not.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff