cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBN1 trasaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What does FBN1 T.code does? What is its use?

Can anyone explain to me in details pleasee.

Also, I am not clear with what number ranges are and why is it necessary for document types?

I mean why do we need number ranges at all and what exactly is this number ranges about?

Sorry, but i never studies such concepts before in my life. I did C/ C++ programming but there was something different related to variables ,number systems and number ranges,they had certain implications but here in SAP why do we need number ranges at all??

Can anyone clear my confusion and doubts please . I will be greatly obliged.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What does FBN1 T.code does? What is its use?

In SAP, as you would be aware, we have different modules and in each and every module, we have some document number range. Parallely, you should also have to maintain Accounting Document Number range based on which, you will be able to track all your FI postings. For that, you need to maintain FI number range in FBN1 for your company code.

I am not clear with what number ranges are and why is it necessary for document types?

Let us assume, you have generated a billing document in SD few months back and the document reference is 100. Now you receive a customer complaint against this supplies. Imagine in this case, if you dont have any reference, how customer will communicate against which billing document, the issue has arised. Similarly, how you will find the traceability of production lot without having any document reference.

This is just one example from SD point of view for billing document. This implies for all documents and that is why we should maintain a different number range based on document type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating an Invoice there is an Accounting Document which float the Pricing Values in the relevant G/L Accounts.

Accounting Document can only be generated in case , if the relevant Number Range Object is assigned to the Finance Document Type in OBA7 like RV , DZ & in FBN1 and as per the Company Code , you need to assign the Number Range to the Same Number Range Object which is assigned to Finance Document Type.

After this assignment only , the Accounting Document gets generated after Invoice.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) FBN1 is used to define Accounting Document Number Ranges.

"why do we need number ranges at all and what exactly is this number ranges about?"

2) Number ranges-

Purpose

Number ranges assign numbers to individual commercial object database records (e.g. purchase document, addresses, etc.).

Implementation Considerations

A number range object must have been defined for the commercial object in question to enable number ranges to be used. Number ranges can then be determined for the number range object.The numbers assigned by the number range create a unique key for the database records in the system.

Integration+

Number ranges and number range intervals are maintained either via the application implementation guide or via the SAP menu .

Hope this will help you !!!!

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I couldn't still get you though thanks for answering.

Can you please elaborate in details with an example?