cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backflushing for material with serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody clear the doubt on the following which is contradictory. One SAP help link say backflush is not allowed, other link say we can do backflush with serial numbers

1. SAP help says:

If backflushing is defined for the material in the master record, you cannot enter a serial number profile that has serial number requirement for goods movement.

Read this statement in below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3c/abc1bf413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

2. The other statement in SAP help read the below link - it says we can do blackflush

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8a/a5aa004adc11d189740000e8322d00/frameset.htm

When carrying out the final backflush, a specific serial number is assigned to materials which require a serial number.

You can only assign serial numbers to assemblies, not to the individual components of an assembly.

Edited by: geetika kalra on Aug 22, 2010 8:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geethika,

It is Possible for the coponents having serial number can also be backflushed . we have used the same for the component serial

number which are backflushed .

step 1, During Goods receipt agianst Purchase order the serial numbers generated

prerequisities : You need to maintain serial number Profile according to your business and serialization level in plant data/

storage data 2

quality view : inspection type 1

step 2. You can define backflush for the material to define always backflush maintain "1 " in MRP / work centre/ workscheduling /

routing

step 3. for the header material also you can maintain serial number at the same time .

Prerequisities : Maintain serial number profile & serialization procedure in Workscheduling view

Serial Number is Created at the time of GR in the case of REM scenario, In Discrete manufacturing its possible

during order creation and the same is reconcilled during quality inspection and also During delivery it is all depending upon the

selection of serial number profile and configure as per the Business needs.

Jaya vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer for the following point is contradictory to sap help, read the link above.

> It is Possible for the coponents having serial number can also be backflushed . we have used the same for the component serial number which are backflushed .

As stated you have used it for components also. Since our test environment is not ready we have IDES only so the effort will be huge to verify your statement.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

Can you please explain how to backflush the components that are serial no managed materials both in Discrete and REM scenario?

What are the settings for the same?

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Discrete manufacturing :

In order to differentiate the same components supplied by different vendor serial number is used in SAP for which the serial

number Profile is assigned to the component in Plant data 2 view . So system will assign serial number for the components

during GR for the incoming material against purchase order. Here you can have customized program for generating serial

number for the components which are not maintained in BOM .

For the assembly we use Production serial number Profile " 0009 " for integrated serial number Profile where in system

Generates serial number during release ( PPRL) / during Creation ( PPAU )as per the business needs .

The components are now Backflushed which are having serial number / RFID . The components now having RFID / serial

number used in BOM and are backflushed . Serial number / RFID used here is for tracking purpose for recall / Customer

complaints and Backflushing is automatic accounting of the system .

please come back if you have any doubts

jayavimal

Edited by: jaya vimal on Aug 24, 2010 8:26 AM

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.Will the system allow me to set the backflush indicator as 1 in MRP2 view of the material

master ,assuming already a serial no prodile is assigned in the material master?

Please explain the same.

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mangal ,

Manually generated serial number for the components are possible for Backflush for which we have developed some

customized Z-program for generating serial number . But it is not possible for the Components which are having Serail number

through 101 Mvt during GR against Purchase order . Because when you check Backflush error in COGI for the components

after confirmation leads to difficulty .. That's why SAP not recommending this you can also check it against error number in SAP

notes . In standard SAP serial number and back flush not possible .

We had used some Customized program for components serial number which are used in BOM and those components are

not maintained serial number profile in material master but Always backflush indicator.

jayaVimal

Edited by: jaya vimal on Aug 24, 2010 2:16 PM

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

Thanks once again and I have mentioned the same in my previous reply and I hope Kalra will be able to understand the concept.

Regards

S Mangalraj

suresh_kunchala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetika,

1.In my understanding it's not possible to perform a automatic Goods issue (backflush) for the components either in REM or in

Discrete scenario.

2.But it's possible to assign a serial No at the time of GR in REM - Repetitive Manufacturing scenario.(This is nothing but generally

assembly backflush is carried out through MFBF).

3.So please get consumed between using the terminology backflush for serial no managed materials.

4.In other words Serial No can be assigned only at the time of GR in the case of REM scenario,where as in Discrete its possible

during order creation or order confirmation.

5.It's not possible to backflush any serial no managed materials which is nothig but automatic Goods issue.

Check and revert.

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain point 3, i think something is misspelled or missed out in the sentence.

3.So please get consumed between using the terminology backflush for serial no managed materials.

Also I have referred note no 100621, it says black flush in REM you must only use components for which no serial number requirement exists. This also applies to a manual withdrawal posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain point 3, i think something is misspelled or missed out in the sentence.

Also I have referred note no 100621, it says black flush in REM you must only use components for which no serial number requirement exists. This also applies to a manual withdrawal posting.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetika,

1.In my understanding it's not possible to perform a automatic Goods issue (backflush) for the components either in REM or in

Discrete scenario.

2.But it's possible to assign a serial No at the time of GR in REM - Repetitive Manufacturing scenario.(This is nothing but generally

assembly backflush is carried out through MFBF).

4.In other words Serial No can be assigned only at the time of GR in the case of REM scenario,where as in Discrete its possible

during order creation or order confirmation.

5.It's not possible to backflush any serial no managed materials which is nothig but automatic Goods issue.

Check and revert.

Regards

S Mangalraj