cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Opening Layout on PDF Forms - SFP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to develop a PDF Form and I have succcessfully created interface and when i try to create a form, upon pressing the LAYOUT Tab or Button i get an error message and the trnasaction closes down

Error Details are:

==================================================================================

Error while opening document

Message no. SOFFICEINTEGRATION143

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the desktop application while opening a document.

Procedure

Check first whether you can insert a document from this desktop application as an embedded object in another application. The necessary menu item is usually 'Insert --> Object'. The application then lists all of the OLE document types. Choose the type corresponding to the desktop applciation. If the insertion fails, the error is in the desktop application itself.

This error has various causes. Often, it is caused by activating certain add-ins. Sometimes, the desktop application is wrongly installed. The error should not recur once you have disabled any add-ins or reinstalled the desktop application.

Procedure for System Administration

If you cannot solve the problem as described above, enter a problem message. There are notes relating to how to generate the log file using the program SAPROFFICEINTEGRATIONTRACE.

===============================================================================

I check with the guys who do the SAP GUI installation and he did all he can do with no success. My GUI is 710 version with Patch level 7

Can anyone help me in identifying what I should be doing to have Layout opened in my system?

Thanks in advance to all of you,

Rgds,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP GUI INSTALLATION ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the patch level of SAP GUI to 10.

Thanks & Regards

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be GUI installation issue and will try re-installing required things.

Rgds,

Lakshmi