cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy from MS SQL to Oracle 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day friends,

I am currently in the stage of running SAPINST to continue the System Copy to the Target (i.e. the export is complete).

This may seem like a rudimentary question, but I am trying to implement Oracle 11g as the new database (and the SAP version of ECC 5). Now when I execute the sapinst, I only get the option for the Client on 9.2 and the RDBMS on 10.2.0.4.

I would like to specify 10.2 for the Client and 11g for the RDBMS, but those options are not included in the SAPINST. What must I do to get these options in the SAPINST?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bradley,

It seems that oracle 11g cannot be installed on RedHat Linux.

For details, please refer to the following link:

www.service.sap.com/pam

-> SAP NetWeaver 04

->database platforms

With Best Regards

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bradley,

The options for the oracle client software depends on the one which u have downloaded. Jusst go ahead and download the the oralce client 10.2 from SAP SMP and then proceed with the istallation.

Make sure that oracle client 10.2 is compatible with Oracle 11g.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Varadhu,

My issue is that, when running the system copy, there is no option for Oracle 11g in the installer. Only 10g with an Oracle 9 client.

Now looking at the Product Availability Matrix, the support for ECC 5 and Oracle 11g is there, but I just don't have the option in the installer.

Thanks for the advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to give us some more information like the one listed below so that we can analyse the issue and try to give a solution.

1. What is ur OS ?

2. With which media u r trying to install the oracle DB ?

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run a system export from MSSQL and Windows Server, and I wish to run the import to Red Hat 5.4 and Oracle 11g.

I have used the latest ECC 5 Installation Master disk, which still does not have the option to install Oracle 11g. In fact, it only has the option to install Oracle 10g with an Oracle Client version 9. Surely there must be a newer option with Oracle Client 10?

Here is the product code for the Inst Master I downloaded.

6.20/6.40 based products Installation Master (Edition May 2008) Number 51033746

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, per Note 1398634 - Oracle database 11g: Integration in SAP environment :

The provision of a direct installation of SAP products with Oracle Version 11.2 is planned as a third step between the end of Q3 and the start of Q4 2010. Until then, you must use Oracle Version 10.2 with a subsequent upgrade to 11.2 to perform an SAP installation.

Install 10.2.0.4 and after upgrade to 11g if you want.

Regards.