cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy from MS SQL to Oracle 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day friends,

I am currently in the stage of running SAPINST to continue the System Copy to the Target (i.e. the export is complete).

This may seem like a rudimentary question, but I am trying to implement Oracle 11g as the new database (and the SAP version of ECC 5). Now when I execute the sapinst, I only get the option for the Client on 9.2 and the RDBMS on 10.2.0.4.

I would like to specify 10.2 for the Client and 11g for the RDBMS, but those options are not included in the SAPINST. What must I do to get these options in the SAPINST?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer[ this thread|],

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

So what would my procedure be then, if it is not supported?

I mean, at what point will I get the option to install SAP with Oracle 11g? Only once I'm doing my upgrade from ECC 5 to ECC 6?

I checked in the PAM before planning this, and the option for 11g support on ERP 5 is there, so I'm a bit lost as to why this isn't supported.

Thanks for your assistance.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bradley,

you need to install Oracle 10.2.0.4 (the version is important!!) first ... perform your system copy with sapinst ... upgrade to Oracle 11g R2 afterwards.

The oracle version 10.2.0.4 is very important, because of SAP only supports an upgrade to Oracle 11g R2 from 10.2.0.4. Technically other versions are supported / possible too, but SAP limited it to 10.2.0.4 only.

Regards

Stefan

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess für basis 6.40 it will not be adopted at all. It is already being out of standard maintanance (That was on 31.Mar).

So you need to install with 10.2.0.4 and when you are finished, you upgrade the database to 11.2.

For higher releases the copy-option is announced for Q4. Most likely there will be a new download

for the installation master CD then.

Volker