cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Identity Management Job/Position to Roles mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on sap identity management 7.1 and use case is the one where HCM is the source of all employee data.

When i extract employee data from HCM, i need to find the roles the employee has based on their position

I have an excel sheet that describes this mapping in two columns(position/role).

My question is this :

I have two choices :

1- Create MX_role in IDM with an attribute position and load the excel sheet. Then when i receive data from HCM, i will do a select on the roles having the position which will give me the MXREF_ROLE for the user.

2- I would create positions as MX_ROLEs and load the excel sheets with the aclual roles as childs of the position roles. This way once i put MXREF_ROle=position in MX_PERSON, the user will get through inheritance : the roles and the privileges that inherited from the position.

Any idea if anyone tested any of these cases ?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lahcen,

This is an old discussion but I am new to IdM and was wondering how you "will do a select on the roles having the positionId" that you mentioned in option 1.

Thanks,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

From what I understood, you have MX_ROLE with an attribute position(POSITION_ID), if that is the case, the select will look like:

select * from idmv_vallink_basic where mskey in (

select mskey from idmv_vallink_basic where mcattrname like 'POSITION_ID' and             mcsearchvalue like 'POSITION_ID_VALUE' and   mskey IN (

select mskey from idmv_vallink_basic where  mcattrname='MX_ENTRYTYPE' AND                          mcsearchvalue like 'MX_ROLE')); 

If the case is not like that, just explain it with more details and I'll try to make another select.

Kind Regards,

Simona Lincheva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for your reply. It is actually the case; I have MX_ROLE with a position attribute and I am now able to perform the select but I am facing a different issue.

I am trying to add MX_ROLE entries using a ToIDStore pass. Those entries exist of roles having multiple position id's. It's taking only the first entry per business role, and I am not able to add the other positions to the same MX_ROLE entry. I guess I am not doing this the right way, any idea how I can reach this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Can you post a screenshot from  ToIDSore pass(destination tab) so I can see what is exactly your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

Did you make sure that the position attribute is multivalue on the role?  Otherwise it'll just overwrite.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, it is working as expected after making it 'multivalue'.

Thanks all for your help.

Answers (0)