cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form for user entry and then forward to email distro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to develop a form that will have a pull down list of entries from an SAP table and also fill out information is several text fields on the form.

Once a user fills out the form, I would like the user to be able to send the completed form to an email or even a distribution list.

I also would like to add a jpg or image to the top of the form.

Can anyone provide me some tips on how to go about doing this. I am concerned it will take a lot more programming than I have current knowledge (I can do it but learning curve may take to long).

I would think Adobe smartforms is the best choice unless there is a better option that I don't know about

Thank for all of your help

Weyland Yutani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to develop a form that will have a pull down list of entries from an SAP table and also fill out information is several text fields on the form.

Well if this is an online form then it is a standard thing Adobe Form can handle. But if you are talking of offline form then you will need to use Web Services to fill the dropdown dynamically from SAP.

Once a user fills out the form, I would like the user to be able to send the completed form to an email or even a distribution list.

There is a SubmitByEmail button which should trigger the default mail client on user's machine and the form can be sent to a email address.

I also would like to add a jpg or image to the top of the form.

There are Image element provided in standard library.

Can anyone provide me some tips on how to go about doing this. I am concerned it will take a lot more programming than I have current knowledge (I can do it but learning curve may take to long).

There are excellent tutorials available [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe] which can be a good starting point

I would think Adobe smartforms is the best choice unless there is a better option that I don't know about

Adobe Forms and SAP Smartforms are different technologies. I am sure you were not referring to SAP Smartforms when you wrote above, were you?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veeery detailed explanation, Chintan:))

Answers (0)