Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No. of Characteristics for Original file

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to total know no. of characters that can be used for Original file path. When I checked in DRAW- FILEP1, it is showing 255 characters. When I am trying to attach file, it was showing message " Path name contains more than 132 characters" (Message no. 26213 ).

How to solve this ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Could you specify the details of the file type you are trying to save? (Eg: MS Word/Excel 2003 etc). Also, is this error occuring for a specific category of files or originals of all types?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

it is an information message and it wont stop further processing. You can check this one in include LCV110F11. after call function 'CV120_DOC_GET_FILE'

0 Kudos

Hello, is it possible to deactivate the Message no. 26213. Thanks Mario

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

There is no restriction for characters, kindly check in DC10 ,in selection criteria whether ws applications are set properly for the said document types or not. Also please check the feasibily from uploading the documents from location other than your system.

Check and confirm for both probalitites.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am very thankful to all experts who are all taking more efforts to guide / suggeting the team. I am seeing tis module experts are very encouraging. I have not like this in other modules.

As mentioned by Neelima, I checked in include LCV110F11 and function 'CV120_DOC_GET_FILE' it was mentioned as information. I coudln't able to understnad why SAP as mentioned this as information? Does it being used elsewhere ?

As suggested by Pradeep, I wiil chk & confirm, whether there is any truncation of characters happening while checking in.

But I want to have more than 132 characters as path of the originals. Since there are so many files, to change all of them is big task. More over user want to have the same manner. Is there any way ? I checked in the above program, I found one SAP note 948177, which not relevant to us.

As Ravindra saying there is no restriction. We found there is restricition in SAP Std. program itself.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I checked with more than 132 characters by uploading originals and did checked in also, results are given below:

For all cases warning message is as we mentioned earlier.

1. uploaded with 152 character length, checked in. No truncation of characters happen.

2. Uploaded with 253 characters, checked in. After 206 characters it has been truncated.

3. Uploaded with 214 characters, checked in. No truncation of characters happen.

Exactly how many characters to be considered, where can I get ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends,

Does any have solution for this ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The problem may actually lie in the total number of folders in depth as well as the total number of characters in the entire path and not to forget the characters in the file name. Somewhere, the name is getting truncated when you are trying to check-in.Suggest you reduce the depth of folder structure as well as the folder name within which your file is located.

Do let know the results once you re-test the scenario with the above proposal.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar