cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent char for different materials in CWBQM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 4 different materials having same characteristics for inspection plan, Only the USL and LSL are different.

Can I use dependent char functionality with CWBQM for different materials assigned in the same plan? I tried without activating multi spec. Its working fine in the inspection plan with all materials. But when I execute QP01 for particular material, specs are not shown as changed, its showing the default values.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these batch managed materials? If so, just use classification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No they are not batch managed. I will explain the steps I followed:

1. Ticked multi spec tab in settings @ client level

2. Did not changed any default settinf=g in QCC0-Q-plannomggeneral--Multi spec

3. Ticked multi spec box in QM view of material master

4. Made an insp plan and assigned two different materials in the same group counter.Vendor is different.

5. I created MICs in that plan under one operation.

Now in CWBQM, when I try to activate multi spec and material-task list assignment, I am getting eror "+Material-task list assignment is incomplete

Message no. QPMS012

Diagnosis

In the existing material-task list assignments for the existing inspection plan, the object type for multiple specifications is missing event though an object for multiple specification was maintained.

Procedure

Maintain an object type or delete the multiple specification object+"

How to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally dependent multiple specs is used in case when you have customer dependent specs.With Multiple material it should not have any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I did with different materials. Its working fine. I mean, as per material and dep char, spec is being changed in inspection lot.

But as I assigned these two materials in the general plan, when i view these materials seperately in QP01, its showing the defaults specs, not the dependent changed ones. Is it normal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also think that it works for the same material & different vendor/customer.

This can be default.

We may need to explore for multiple materials with different vendor & customers.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dependent specifications and Multiple specs are two different functionalities in SAP.

You should only need the dependent spec functionality to do what you want.

Create a plan. Asign the two materials to it.

Unlock the MIC's after adding them. Set the specs for the most common specification for each MIC

Select characteristic, click dependent specifications button

Click ADD button on button bar

Select an assigned material.

Add the specs.

Repeat last 3 steps for each material assigned to plan if spec is different from main spec.

Repeat for each characteristic.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF

Thanks. I have already done all these. And they are working fine. I have two question, One for dep char and another for Multi Spec:

1. Suppose I have assigned 5 materials with dependent char.Original MIC attached having the most common value. So when I access QP02 individually for the materials, the MIC values shown are the most common ones. And I have to click on dep char to se the actual values assigned for this particular material. Any option that directly the changed value will be shown for particular material, not the common one?

2. I followed the article [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c68fe?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] for multi spec, but the tab is not coming. Do I have to activate it anywhere?

Rgds

Swarnali

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No. No way that I can think of allthough I have not really explored using the engineering workbench for this. It migh tbe possible there to get a view of all the dependent specs. But nothing from QP02/QP03. You have to drill down to get to a specific materials spec.

EDIT: I checked in CWBQM and if you limit the selection parameters to specific material(s), then when you click on the light blub icon for dependent specs, only the dependent specs for the selected material(s) are shown. Not all that are assigned. I don't know if this helps you or not.

2. I glanced through the article but didn't see anything that jumped out at me as missing. But I did the setup at my last client and that's now been over two years ago. If you follwed them, you should have things set up. You did add the characteristics to the class of the material right?

FF

Edited by: FireFighter on Aug 26, 2010 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

First of all, thanks a lot.

Yes CWBQM selection will pretty cover my requirement when there is no direct option via QP02/03.

You did add the characteristics to the class of the material right If dep char can not be craeted for reference characteristics, then how to connect with class for characteristics other than the system standard ones?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use the dependent specs, in order to transfer the results to the batch record, you have to set an indicator in config. I believe it is in the plant seetings, and is labelled something like "Batch Val. w/o Mtrl. Spec.". No system to refer to right now, doing from memory, but that should be close.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?