cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO in Project System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

One of my client is manufacturing of Electronic product (MTO scenario with Product Cost by Sales Order), they want to use the project system to keep track of product manufacturing ( complete PP should be track in PS system).

i did the following

1. Sales Order Created,

2. Automatically WBS element will be created,

3. PP is integrated with PS

My question is that when I run MRP, the system will create PR and Planned order as per the Sales order Qty or not or else it will look for Demand from the PS system for creating PR and Planned order.

How the system will work,I totally confused, kindly clarify

I can create PS as statistical order if require, i think this scenario, PS and PP is statistical only, because Sales Order is my CO object and am doing costing at Sales Order level.

Kindly clear my doubts and give me idea how the system will work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Elangovan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Elangovan

I think your problem can be solved by Assembly Processing utility. check following link for more details-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ab/5d4868733311d2b6600000e82d8bd1/frameset.htm

in nut shell your process will be like this-

1. SO Creation (once you save SO, project will be created automatically in background. Materials will also be attached if defined in standard network)

2. Open Project & make changes in material qty if required

3. Run project MRP & convert planned order to production order/ purchase orders (BOM is to be taken care)

4. Carry out production cycle

5. Delivery from project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.

Now i got some clear idea.

I have some more few doubts

1. in this case, PS will be a statistical or real

2. you said delivery will be from Project system, you mean outbound delivery will be from PS and PGI will be from SD and invoice also from SD.. is it.?

3. i wanted to do the sales order costing, in requirement class if i activate the sales order costing and valuation 'M" then I can do the sales order costing...am i correct?? at this level costing will happen only at cost component structure only is it

4. Standard price of the FG will be updated through ck11n (release price)...is it

5. is there any sales order settlement concept

Kindly clarify me.

Thanks in advance

regards

Elangovan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.