cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate Siemens Make WinCC SCADA to SAP XI/PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

How to Integrate Siemens Make WinCC SCADA to SAP XI/PI?

My Reqtuirement Is to Collect Data from Scada( Displayed Data on OPC Servers ) to SAP XI Systems.

Details about Scade :

Siemens Make WINCC SCADA PCS7 Version .

and Some OPC Servers.

Details about PI Server . PI 7.0

Please Suggest and Send me some Relevent information/Blogs/ Forum link..

.......................................SOS..SOS...SOS....SOS....

Regards

Prabhat Sharma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Yes, Sebastian is suggesting is correct, but if the client is not implementing this xMII, then you can check this below options.

Option1:

Check with this WinCC SCADA sytem IT team wether its going to provides web service, If yes you can use SOAP adapter to integrate with this system.

Option2:

If this system/server having some back end database and if the client is not having any issues with providing the access to the database, then you can implement/build this interface using JDBC adapter.

Regards.

Neelagiri's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys ..>Dont just visit Thread ...But Give Valuable Suggestions also ...

Do the needful .

Guys what is this ..till morning No reply ...

50 visit but no reply ... . . . . . . . . . .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello prabhatxi,

To be humble i don't think SAP PI is exactly fitting for an integration with SCADA.

What is exactly your goal to integrate? I assume you want to transfer collected data from the Siemens devices to a SAP System.

There's another solution of SAP for this kind of integration (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) which as far as i know supports SCADA (e.g. see here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/45/5a84d9dca22a4ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm)

Best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Client doesn't want to implement SAP MII module ....

but it is our mandatory reqt. to ingrate scada systems to ecc ... so we are planning it by XI ....

Now Please Suggest .......,.,.,.,

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check out this web site: [www.opc-to-sap.com] it has plenty of information about connecting OPC-enabled SCADA systems to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use a layer between PI - SCADA

use the vendor provided protocol - which is basically fetch data using hyper terminal and storing in a database or as a txt file, from there you can proceed using PI.

Directly you can not connect PI with SCADA (xMII is meant for that).